News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Lighted Passenger Car

Started by richd286, December 02, 2012, 12:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richd286

I recently added 3 Bachmann lighted AMTRAK passenger cars to my RR.  Is there a way to turn off the lights when the cars are idle?  I have a 3 car train and I also noticed some operating anomalies, haven't tested other possibilities, but the power has been cutting out and the signal from the transmitter is erratic.  Any thoughts?  I am running a Dynamis system with ProBox.  Mr. Bach-Man any suggestions?   Again kudos to your company on the quality and features on these cars.

Joe Satnik

Dear Rich,

DCC users commonly isolate sidings from the main by using insulated rail connectors and then turn them off using electrical switches. 

This keeps unused (parked) trains from robbing power from the DCC system.

Very similar to DC Block wiring, as seen in Atlas book #12.

http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/Books/12%20Wiring%20Book%20Cover.jpg

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

richd286

Yes that is a good idea.  I use the turntable to park items with lights, then when the table away from that slot the power goes out.  I was hoping to see if there was someone who could also confirm that the power draw from these cars is the culprit for the erratic behavior of the signal.   Systems acts up when I am running just the 3 lighted passenger cars and the locomotive.