News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Brendam Docks Cargo Ship

Started by seanrail, November 28, 2012, 03:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanrail

Looking for a Cargo Ship for your Brendam Docks?

It should be an addition to go with Salty and Cranky.

My idea of features for the ship includes a ship horn and the ship can float on water.

What other ideas do you suggest?

seanrail

Many Cargo Ships in various shapes and Sizes come in and out of Brendam Docks, but the one pictured below, and near Cranky should be the ship Bachmann should make.

Shawn

That would look good I have to say.

TinoThomasTUGS

I agree, I always love a huge docks scene.

seanrail

the features I believe will work well with the Cargo Ship is a ship horn sound and it can float on water. what other should it have?

seanrail

Quote from: seanrail on November 28, 2012, 04:06:25 PM
Many Cargo Ships in various shapes and Sizes come in and out of Brendam Docks, but the one pictured below, and near Cranky should be the ship Bachmann should make.

This is because many cargo ships during the 1950's and 60's have used a lot of red and black in their livery of the ships as well as their shipping line insignias. the one near Cranky in the picture has a mixture of colour; a green deck, a wooden floor on the bridge and a blue funnel with a white wristband near the top; it should be a perfect basis for the Brendam Docks cargo ship.

Cirkit:)

I think the largest boat, if any that Bachmann would do for their range, would be the character barge Bulstrode.

I don't see the Cargo Ship coming any time soon, mostly because of its sheer size. I imagine not a lot of people would have a place to put a boat that big. The price of the boat would also be a factor, even if it was made of mostly plastic, I predict it would still be too expensive for most collectors.
It would be an interesting idea, but I just don't see it happening, unless one were to build the boat themselves and prove it could be done.

If I was to see a water-going accessory for the Thomas range, that wasn't Bulstrode, then perhaps a sailboat or a smaller 'cargo' ship would work fine.

seanrail

Quote from: Cirkit:) on February 01, 2013, 12:35:10 PM
I think the largest boat, if any that Bachmann would do for their range, would be the character barge Bulstrode.

I don't see the Cargo Ship coming any time soon, mostly because of its sheer size. I imagine not a lot of people would have a place to put a boat that big. The price of the boat would also be a factor, even if it was made of mostly plastic, I predict it would still be too expensive for most collectors.
It would be an interesting idea, but I just don't see it happening, unless one were to build the boat themselves and prove it could be done.

If I was to see a water-going accessory for the Thomas range, that wasn't Bulstrode, then perhaps a sailboat or a smaller 'cargo' ship would work fine.

Scalescenes have proved it. their downloadable kit is 2 feet long, but it is good value.

Could you provide me with a link, so I may see said ship?

All I'm worried about are the size of the vessel(storage issues may arise), and the price. Some people will pay good money for a boat like that, but I'm thinking parents shopping for younger Thomas fans would be less likely to.

There's another thing- it's a kit. Or, according to the site, it will be a kit(it's under 'planned releases'). I would think most people(shopping with younger fans in mind) would want their model ready-to-go, instead of having to build it up and paint it themselves.

It is a nice idea, I'll give you that, and I would be very pleased if Bachmann did make it, but I personally don't see the Brendam Cargo Ship happening any time soon.

seanrail

http://scalescenes.com/products/T030-Cargo-Ship

to view the downloadable kit, you will need the latest adobe reader

Thank you, seanrail.

Hmm.. I am just a little curious, but have there been any smaller sized cargo ships (excluding Bulstrode the Barge) seen in the Thomas series? I don't quite recall.

PasqualeCS96

The only other ship character I can think of is Captain, but his take along model wouldn't look to bad correct?

seanrail

Quote from: Cirkit:) on February 03, 2013, 05:07:55 PM
Thank you, seanrail.

Hmm.. I am just a little curious, but have there been any smaller sized cargo ships (excluding Bulstrode the Barge) seen in the Thomas series? I don't quite recall.
Besides Captain and Bulstrode, the other ships are: Lucinda Tugboat, S.S. Roxstar Ocean Liner; recycled from Vienna from TUGS, the one, near the crane that resembles Big Mickey from TUGS, that wears the Ellerman Lines livery, the ship with a blue funnel with white wristband, which is near Cranky and the Sodor Line steamboat from Misty Island Rescue.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: seanrail on February 04, 2013, 04:04:50 AM
Quote from: Cirkit:) on February 03, 2013, 05:07:55 PM
Thank you, seanrail.

Besides Captain and Bulstrode, the other ships are: Lucinda Tugboat, S.S. Roxstar Ocean Liner; recycled from Vienna from TUGS, the one, near the crane that resembles Big Mickey from TUGS, that wears the Ellerman Lines livery, the ship with a blue funnel with white wristband, which is near Cranky and the Sodor Line steamboat from Misty Island Rescue.
And don't forget the tramp-steamer from season 5 ;D

shining time

and the queen of sodor from james and the queen
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways