News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2013

Started by seanrail, December 02, 2012, 10:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanrail

What would you like Bachmann to make for Thomas & Friends for 2013?

here are some ideas on my wish list

HO

Locomotives: Oliver, Rosie, Whiff, Stanley, Hiro and Victor.

Rolling Stock: Toad, Rocky, Hector, more troublesome trucks, re-released tar tanker and well wagon and Flying Kipper Van.

Vehicles: Trevor, Bulgy, George and Kevin.

Figures: Alicia Botti, The mayor of Sodor, Lady Hatt and Farmer Trotter

Buildings: Sodor Steamworks, motorized watermill and town hall

DinoNTrains

Of those choices, I'd love to see Oliver, Toad, more Troublesome Trucks, and George.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Cirkit:)

There are a number of wishlist threads already..

Town Hall sounds like a nice idea. It's seen often in the new series and would be a simple building to make, in shape at least.

I've got no doubt that Oliver will join the Bachmann fleet, and Toad with him. Out of the new characters I don't see Whiff and Victor joining, however cool they may look. Victor's been proven to be narrow gauge, and the range is HO, and Whiff.. I just can't see him happening. More likely Stanley and Rosie, in my opinion.

Out of curiosity, which 'Flying Kipper Van' are you referring to? There are many.
Like the big, boxy vans in Season 4's "Fish" added to the end of the train, the mail-van like wagons but with only 4 wheels.. there's a bunch.

I could also see Trevor joining, or perhaps Bulgy. I'd love to see George, but with all the little details on him I'm not sure that would be possible(remembering the range is aimed at younger children just getting in to HO modelling) :/

Also, after seeing the Robot Chicken Thomas episode, I'd love to see a Mayor of Sodor made as well :D

Got a bunch of good ideas on there, nice. :)

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Cirkit:) on December 02, 2012, 11:52:33 AM
Victor's been proven to be narrow gauge

I don't think that's stopped Bachmann before. I mean, they have a Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad set. It's based on a narrow gauge line in Colorado, but the set is made to standard HO. Just saying :)

Quote from: Cirkit:) on December 02, 2012, 11:52:33 AM
Also, after seeing the Robot Chicken Thomas episode, I'd love to see a Mayor of Sodor made as well :D

I love the Robot Chicken Thomas skit! :D
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

ShadowMonk

Boco
Daisy
Spiteful Brake Van
Trevor

That would complete the Season 2 characters (Not including people) and that would make me very happy :D

TinoThomasTUGS

I must say, as much as i like the look of the cgi characters I would rather have classic characters. Like Stepney, BoCo, & Daisy. But I really wish they'd make arry and bert, the same way that SacredWolfe made his AWESOME MODELS!!!

TrainFan97

Whatever characters get announced next year, I'd be happy as long as they are at least one or more of the following:

•Daisy
•Oliver
•Stepney
•'Arry and Bert
•BoCo

That's my opinion. These characters can complete the season 2-5 line of characters, excluding Class 40 and Derek. Class 40 would only remake Bowled Out. Derek would only remake Double Teething Troubles.  :P

I'm not really sure about Daisy, because her buffer beam is really low.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

I would honestly be more than happy if we got Oliver as our only engine next year.  I feel like Bachmann could add some more variety to their rolling stock this year.  Same could also be said for non-rail characters.  
This is what I feel like Bachmann should do for next year to keep things classic:

Oliver - Biggest demand in terms of engines, plus he'd complete classic characters 1-11.  I'd normally suggest another engine, but considering we already have Duck on the way for 2013, I feel like just one engine would do justice for 2013.  

Toad - Bachmann has the right tooling from their UK mainline range, plus he'd go along great with Oliver.  He'd be a hard one for Bachmann to dodge!

Red coaches (composite and brake sold seperately) - The red coaches have been in demand for a long time, probably the largest demand when it comes to rolling stock, outside of Toad.  They have plenty of potential and would be an appropriate addition to go along with Duck and Oliver.

Trevor - I've always wanted Bachmann to do Trevor, and I have a feeling that we may not have to wait any longer for him!

Bulgy (chances I think for this one are 50/50) - This one I really wasn't so sure about until recently with a conversation I had with a friend the other day.  I think he's iconic enough to be made for a Bachmann model.  He is also another logical addition to go along with Duck and Oliver!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cheeky_ULP

I'd pretty much go with ModelTrainFans list, but instead of Bulgy, have the Scrap Cars/Plant Cars:

StephOfTheEast

Everyone's ideas are spot on. If we come out of next year with both Great Western engines and the red coaches for them to pull, that's all I can ask.

Cirkit:)

Quote from: Sparks on December 05, 2012, 06:46:13 PM
I'd pretty much go with ModelTrainFans list, but instead of Bulgy, have the Scrap Cars/Plant Cars:

I concur. They're versatile, they've been seen in both the classic model series and the new CGI series, and their colour is rather attractive.

I wouldn't mind Bulgy, but if given the option I'd much prefer these.

Chaz

Admittedly I wouldn't mind that addition over Bulgy myself.  Bulgy was sort of a surprise when others mentioned it, and I myself wouldn't mind him being introduced into the range.  But the plant/scrap car really would be a nice addition for the range overall.  Though I am glad everyone has a mutual agreement on everything else I mentioned too.  Hopefully it will become a reality someday. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

PasqualeCS96

My List:
Oliver
Toad
Red Branchline Coaches
New Van (preferebly with face like in "A Close Shave".)
Trevor
BoCo perhaps?

Zorran202

Hopefully these guys will be picked for next year!

Hmm... I wonder if it's possible to have Arry and Bert into the range as well also for one of the announcements? If one thinks about it, that'll surely complete the Season 5 line of characters, at least for steam/diesel characters plus the sheer fact they can recycle Diesel's moulding too, albeit with modifications of course. Finally, to top things off, they'll also be a third set of twins to be in the range as well! That'll spell out double trouble! XD

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Zorran202 on December 08, 2012, 01:59:30 AM
Hopefully these guys will be picked for next year!

Hmm... I wonder if it's possible to have Arry and Bert into the range as well also for one of the announcements? If one thinks about it, that'll surely complete the Season 5 line of characters, at least for steam/diesel characters plus the sheer fact they can recycle Diesel's moulding too, albeit with modifications of course. Finally, to top things off, they'll also be a third set of twins to be in the range as well! That'll spell out double trouble! XD
Arry and Bert were season 6 I believe.