News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2013

Started by seanrail, December 02, 2012, 10:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Mulfred on January 07, 2013, 08:01:06 AM
I still say the fat controllers car would be a good addition, think about it, been in mostly every season, be a good non rail item. Has alot of potential. Also officially jumping on band wagon, OLIVER!!!! TOAD!!!! RED BRANCHLINE COACHES, 2013!!!!!! :D 
Wouldn't look it great? Having Oliver pulling the red coaches and toad past Duck with trucks on the other line on our layouts? It's got that season 3 feeling. :D

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on January 07, 2013, 04:43:36 PM
Quote from: Mulfred on January 07, 2013, 08:01:06 AM
I still say the fat controllers car would be a good addition, think about it, been in mostly every season, be a good non rail item. Has alot of potential. Also officially jumping on band wagon, OLIVER!!!! TOAD!!!! RED BRANCHLINE COACHES, 2013!!!!!! :D 
Wouldn't look it great? Having Oliver pulling the red coaches and toad past Duck with trucks on the other line on our layouts? It's got that season 3 feeling. :D
Peep peep to that ;).

ThomasTheTankEngine

I Want Oliver The Great Western Engine, Iron Arry, Iron Bert, Toad The Brake Van, Red Branchline Coaches (Composite and Brake Coaches), Spencer's Special Brake Coach, The Spiteful Brake Van, More Troublesome Trucks, Trevor The Traction Engine and Caroline The Car Please.

therailwayinspector

What we want and what we get our two different things...........

I have to admit Oliver does seem the likely route to go but I have a hunch we may be surprised. I'm thinking that Arry and Bert could be on the cards for next year, or maybe even Rosie.
Rolling stock-wise I'm all for the red coaches. If Bachmann didn't make those they're missing another sure-fire success....

That said, it would be wonderful if Bachmann took a step down the classic route and produced Boco- ok he's not been seen for years but then Duck and the Scottish twins hand't either, and they I feel only came back briefly because they wanted to clear a shelf before they put them into deep storage. (I reckon Boco was packed up or dismantled years before...)

We shall have to wait and see, but not long until we find out I hope- then there's the matter of waiting for the models release........
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

ChooChooTrain

I Want Oliver The Great Western Engine, Iron Arry, Iron Bert, Toad The Brake Van, Red Branchline Coaches (Composite and Brake Coaches), Spencer's Special Brake Coach, The Spiteful Brake Van, Sodor China Clay Trucks, More Troublesome Trucks, Caroline The Car, Trevor The Traction Engine, Sir Topham Hatts Car, and Lady Hatt Please.

AndyJB

How about DCC/sound equipped or ready locos with the old snap on (not glued) cab roofs for easy access?
DCC is way easier for the young to operate and all kids want to run 2 locos together.

Anthony P2

if they put DCC and or DCC Sound in the locos, they would be WAY too expensive! maybe if they put in a DCC socket in the locos then they would be a hole lot easier to convert to DCC.

Shawn

They are not that hard now due to their very simple wiring.  It's kind of hard to fit the chip in the body of the locomotive though.

Thomas 2013-2014

I Am Suggesting For Oliver The Great Western Engine, Arry and Bert, Toad The Brake Van, Red Coaches (Composite and Brake Coaches), Spencer's Special Brake Coach, Old Slow Coach, The Spiteful Brake Van, Sodor China Clay Trucks, Brown Ventilated Van, Troublesome Truck #4, Caroline The Car, Bulgy, Trevor The Traction Engine, Sir Topham Hatt's Car, Lady Hatt, The Duke and Duchess of Boxford, Wellsworth Station, and Henry's Tunnel Please.

TrainFan2020

i would like to see:
HO:

Oliver
lady ?
diesel 10?
Stanley
narrow gauge engines INCLUDING DUKE in possible???

rolling stock:

red coaches
breakdown train
NEW BRAKEVANS
more troublesome trucks
toad
The Spiteful Brake Van
sodor china clayworks trucks!!!!!
MR. JOLLY'S CHOCOLATE FACTORY VANS SEEN IN "Percy's CHOCOLATE CRUNCH"

NEW THING I THOUGH OF  ??? ???
ACCESORIES:
snowploughs for every engine

buildings:

watermill
townhall
steamworks and dieselworks

sets:
"the flying kipper"

-modeltrainfan1

TrainFan97

Lady and Diesel 10 won't be made anytime soon. Splatter and Dodge may also really not get made. Even if Bachmann were to make Splatter and Dodge, the only reason is because they have the tooling for them, Diesel's body and chassis. We know that 'Arry and Bert are far more likely than them, because at least THEY weren't one-off characters.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

flyingtardis

the only things i wish to see that would be the most likely are:

Diesel 20 (branchline have a class 42 warship)
Oliver(branchline has a 14xx tank)
Splatter
Dodge
Arry
Bert(all of them are 08 shunters  which can either be modified from diesel or taken from the branchline tooling)
Boco (branchline do a Co-Bo metrovick)
Daisy(branchline do the correct DMU)
The Old Express Coaches(just repaint Annie or clarabel and then the other 2 coaches will need a new tooling which goes the same for the red coaches)
the red coaches
old shape Henry(just put Gordon's boiler on Henry's running board)
Better Express Coaches (base them on the Si3d series one coaches at Least guys)
series 1 truck (just a standard truck with stickers instead of 3d faces)
MOAR Brakevans
a choice between different liveries on rolling stock in case we want Sodor mail written on the side of our Sodor mail coaches

unlikely/completely new moulds:

Lady
breakdown train
Diesel re-model as he looks too big and bulky  and should be smaller and should not have a smiling face but a series 2 smirk face

again these are what i reckon would make some decent profit margins if created over time and quite frankly its just suggestions and not a demand

thomasj219

I wouldn't be surprised but I'm hoping for the best, Duck may not be in mass production yet but he is still pretty much done. When this happened with other engines like Emily additional engines were still announced even if they were not released in the same year. This trend was broken however when Donald & Douglas were delayed and Diesel was announced they were both released in the same year. This gives me hope that BACHMANN will add at least one more engine. No promises though. I would however be very surprised if we didn't get some stock.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Shawn

If nothing is produced, it will be the most disappointing year ever.  Team Britain isn't making any Thomas stuff this year.

PasqualeCS96

They wouldn't just stop making Thomas in HO remember it is still very profitable and recognizable to many people.