Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2013

Started by seanrail, December 02, 2012, 10:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

Quote from: AJW98Productions on December 09, 2012, 06:54:11 PM
Quote from: Zorran202 on December 08, 2012, 01:59:30 AM
Hopefully these guys will be picked for next year!

Hmm... I wonder if it's possible to have Arry and Bert into the range as well also for one of the announcements? If one thinks about it, that'll surely complete the Season 5 line of characters, at least for steam/diesel characters plus the sheer fact they can recycle Diesel's moulding too, albeit with modifications of course. Finally, to top things off, they'll also be a third set of twins to be in the range as well! That'll spell out double trouble! XD
Arry and Bert were season 6 I believe.

They were first introduced in season 5 in Stepney gets lost.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: ModelTrainFan538 on December 09, 2012, 07:10:59 PM
Quote from: AJW98Productions on December 09, 2012, 06:54:11 PM
Quote from: Zorran202 on December 08, 2012, 01:59:30 AM
Hopefully these guys will be picked for next year!

Hmm... I wonder if it's possible to have Arry and Bert into the range as well also for one of the announcements? If one thinks about it, that'll surely complete the Season 5 line of characters, at least for steam/diesel characters plus the sheer fact they can recycle Diesel's moulding too, albeit with modifications of course. Finally, to top things off, they'll also be a third set of twins to be in the range as well! That'll spell out double trouble! XD
Arry and Bert were season 6 I believe.

They were first introduced in season 5 in Stepney gets lost.
Not properly, and Arry's name wasn't even mentioned. But the point has been made :P .

PasqualeCS96

Arry and Bert were in Middle Engine, where they were more properly introduced. I believe that was season 6 if not that then 7

StephOfTheEast

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 09, 2012, 11:28:48 PM
Arry and Bert were in Middle Engine, where they were more properly introduced. I believe that was season 6 if not that then 7

Middle Engine is from Season 6.

Chaz

I understand where everyone is coming from, but realistically speaking, an appearance is an appearance.  It'd be like saying Butch was introduced in season 15, when he too was introduced in season 5.  Plus Derek's name wasn't mentioned at all in Double Teething Troubles, for whatever reason. ::)  Despite that, he also counts as a character who was introduced in season 5.  Season 5 was very poor when it came to introducing characters.  Some were never used past that season, and a number didn't even make it past their introductory episode.  The only season 5 characters that seemed to carry on after that season were Cranky, 'Arry, Bert, and recently Butch.  Considering how those last three were introduced that season, it really is surprising!

Before this conversation goes any further, let's try to get back on topic. 

thomasj219

HO Predictions

Engines
Oliver
Arry
Bert

Stock
Red Coaches

Off-Rail
Trevor
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

StephOfTheEast

Outside of completing the cast of the first five seasons, who would you like to see produced from the newer series?

I'd like Rosie, Stanley and Whiff myself and I think that's a pretty standard set of "tolerable" characters from the new series.  ::)

Anyone got any other characters to add?

Chaz

Well I collect series 1-4, and there are very little exceptions I would make outside of that. :P  

However there are some new engines that I would like to see Bachmann do too.

Arthur - His episodes in season 7 were great ones and I just find him to be a very likable character.  If Bachmann were to pick a character from season 6-7 I say Arthur would be the most logical.  

Stanley - Out of the three engines mentioned earlier, I think Stanley would be the best choice.  Lots of fans want to see Stanley, and I can see why.  Hornby brought in great waterton buildings (including Stanley's shed), but no Stanley model, so a Bachmann Stanley can fill that gap in for Thomas modelers.  Plus, he seems to have a very likable personality and is also popular with fans.  Plus despite him appearing in full CGI, I can see Bachmann giving Stanley a model era face, just because of how iconic Stanley is for The Great Discovery.  

Hiro - This is another one of the newer characters I could see Bachmann making a beautiful model of.  He's popular amongst older and newer fans alike.  Plus, I loved Hero of the Rails!

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: StephOfTheEast on December 10, 2012, 02:54:27 AM
Outside of completing the cast of the first five seasons, who would you like to see produced from the newer series?

I'd like Rosie, Stanley and Whiff myself and I think that's a pretty standard set of "tolerable" characters from the new series.  ::)

Anyone got any other characters to add?
Rosie, Arthur, Hiro, Stanley (maybe), Hector (I have a soft spot for the guy) and not recent but still noticeable, Bulstrode.

StephOfTheEast

Quote from: ModelTrainFan538 on December 10, 2012, 03:27:27 AM
Arthur - His episodes in season 7 were great ones and I just find him to be a very likable character.  If Bachmann were to pick a character from season 6-7 I say Arthur would be the most logical.  

I very nearly included Arthur in my own list, but I decided against it as the competitors, who usually use existing tooling for their Thomas models, already have the tooling ready to go for his class. Same goes for Neville.

Cirkit:)

Quote from: thomasj219 on December 10, 2012, 01:33:44 AM
HO Predictions

Engines
Oliver
Arry
Bert

Stock
Red Coaches

Off-Rail
Trevor

That wishlist sounds good :)
I would think there would be something like that 'Ice Cream Van' stuck in there as well, or another Troublesome Truck. Maybe the one with the buck teeth :D

Quote from: ModelTrainFan538 on December 10, 2012, 03:27:27 AM

Stanley - Out of the three engines mentioned earlier, I think Stanley would be the best choice.  Lots of fans want to see Stanley, and I can see why.  Hornby brought in great waterton buildings (including Stanley's shed), but no Stanley model, so a Bachmann Stanley can fill that gap in for Thomas modelers.  Plus, he seems to have a very likable personality and is also popular with fans.  Plus despite him appearing in full CGI, I can see Bachmann giving Stanley a model era face, just because of how iconic Stanley is for The Great Discovery

I could see Bachmann doing Stanley very well. I agree about the model-era face, though if he was done with the CG face it wouldn't be a big problem- the faces between the two series look very alike.

I would think Bachmann would get on making this guy- there is already a O scale(I think) version of the tank engine, or one of his prototypes, and that looks to be doing well. Imagine how popular the model would be in the more commonly modeled OO scale!

Also... I really like him :D

DinoNTrains

Quote from: AJW98Productions on December 10, 2012, 04:23:31 AM
not recent but still noticeable, Bulstrode.

Bulstrode? That's a nice choice, considering he had only 1 major appearence. And call me crazy, but I myself wouldn't mind seeing George made. :P
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: DinoNTrains on December 10, 2012, 07:24:16 PM

Bulstrode? That's a nice choice, considering he had only 1 major appearence. And call me crazy, but I myself wouldn't mind seeing George made. :P
The reason I included him was because of the combination of Cranky The Crane and Bulstrode The Barge, many ranges have picked up on the combination, and I wouldn't mind dumping some runaway trucks into him ;) .
And George is an alright idea :) "...Railways are no good. Turn them into Roads" George in a nutshell  :D.

StephOfTheEast

You are right in saying that Cranky and Bulstrode (and indeed Salty) are often lumped together, however it is inaccurate to do so. In the TV Series canon, Bulstrode is abandoned on a beach seven years before Cranky arrives on the Island.  ::)

Zorran202

Quote from: DinoNTrains on December 10, 2012, 07:24:16 PM

Well, S.C.Ruffey had one technical appearance too (not counting his Season 5 appearances since his name was painted out and was caught up in that explosion in Put Upon Percy), yet he received not only an HO model, but a Large Scale model as well. So it's very possible for certain one off's to appear at all (at least of the classic eras).