News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lil' Big Hauler request

Started by Ted Yarbrough, December 02, 2012, 11:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Yarbrough

:)
I just got the Lil' Big Hauler Christmas set. One word-CUTE! The loco is quiet, it is well proportioned, and with some details added, could make a nice little yard engine or logging loco. Now for the request, how about lettering a seperate sell loco (tender version) with the Moffit Tunnel Herald and spelled out Rio Grande Western down the tender on the bumble-bee loco loco and Flying Grande herald on the black loco. Then Bachmann would have Lil' Big Haulers, Annies (assuming you offer these schemes next year), and the C-19's all with similar paint. Many modelers would want one of each! They would all look reasonable together on the same layout, too.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted Yarbrough

NarrowMinded

Hey Ted,

Are the shipped version the same as shown in the NMRA release?

Are there any piston rods or just the side rods as shown?

I'm still going to buy a couple of these for the Chrismas layout but I'm curious because I have not seen them in person yet.

Bachmann,
I also Have a request, I would like you to sell the mining cars/open wagons as a separate Item, I realise you sell the hopper style but I think you missed the market for kids, My kids like the open top cars the most because they can give their toys rides very easy, my kids spend hours picking up and delivering their little figures.

I also think they could be bashes into acceptable mining cars for an older era mining operation. I've  bashed ho Thomas wagons into On30 mining cars and these look like a great candidate for the same style bash.

I would love to do the same thing to a G-scale set as shown below on a On30 with Ho thomas cars.

NM-Jeff

Ted Yarbrough

Jeff,
They are as shown from the release at the NMRA Convention. They do operate very quietly as I stated, which makes them great for around the tree. I know they were intended for little folks, with the molded on detail, etc., but once you get them in your hands yopu will see the p[ossibilities. The size and shape are excellent for tight curve layouts. Their weight is light, so they would not pull long trains. The coupler hieght is not compatable with other trains and some have stated it needs an optional couple extension mount like comes with the newer Thomas stuff. I have custom painted some items, but I prefer factory paint (somehow they just do it better). That is why I made this rerquest. I do hope to see more D&RGW product from Bachmann, besides the 1:20 scale offerings.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

sandyt

These are super little engines and trucks but can I please ask that they are shipped with or at least you make available the brackets (as with Thomas items) to lower the coupling to match standard large scale height. I can see some very disappointed junior railroaders on Christmas day who cannot connect their new trains to their existing ones.

Alexander Taylor - Scottish Garden Railways - Scotland, UK  :(

wupton

Does this train have a working smoke unit?

Ted Yarbrough

no, stack does remove. Maybe one could be installed if you like.