News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Next HO Thomas Flat Car

Started by seanrail, December 03, 2012, 08:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanrail

following the success of the HO Flat Car with Paint Drums, Bachmann should make another Flat Car with a different load.

What load do you want on the next Flat Car? I would choose logs or black oil drums.

Shawn

I'd like to see a crate load. AlĂ  hero of the rails

Cirkit:)

A crate load sounds nice, perhaps several crates.
Pipes, iron bars, logs, wood planks..  all loads that could work well.

I would rather see a new truck first, to hold one of these loads.. like the 'Tree Trucks' in "Henry's Forest". You see Toby pulling them, and they appear often throughout the CG series.

PasqualeCS96

Instead of new flatbeds, how about just selling different loads, same with coal loads for trucks.

branmas

Maybe some wheels? Not sure if it is really a Flat bed load.

Calebtrain

I agree with Cirkit, I'd like to see Pipes and Lumber, raw and sawed. And wheels could be a load, but I think you'd just want to have some spare wheels for that one, instead of a new product. :P
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

jettrainfan

Wasn't there a wheel load in James in a mess? (The one where he hits the tar wagons). Sure it was for a wreck, and it was in a troublesome truck, but it would be an interesting add on. I'm getting off topic. How about a proper Thomas and the Christmas tree load? The one where Thomas gets stuck and Donald and Douglas go to rescue him? Then you got a possible car load, looked like a 41 Ford coupe type car. this was from the early days of the series, saw a couple episodes with 2 loaded... but these were very short cameos,so I don't see that happening. the oil drum idea is great, a modeler can probably do 2 coats of black paint to the paint drums and it would do the trick. Would be attractive for kids though too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

JWR3001

I seem to recall that throughout the early classic series, logs and steel pipes were the most common loads seen on flatbeds. It would be nice if Bachmann came out with one of these in the near future.

Other than that, it would be nice if they came out with the Jet Engine (which was a flatbed load), although I suppose that asking a bit too much, isn't it?

Chaz

I always liked the flat car in the Thomas range, but I'll admit I was never fond of the paint drum load.  The logs are a lot more iconic to the series and they are more appealing to the general Thomas fanbase.  I feel like that's what we should have gotten instead of the paint drums, and to this day, I still hope it happens!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cirkit:)

Quote from: Calebtrain on December 03, 2012, 05:36:38 PM
I agree with Cirkit, I'd like to see Pipes and Lumber, raw and sawed.
Quote from: JWR3001 on December 04, 2012, 03:29:25 AM
I seem to recall that throughout the early classic series, logs and steel pipes were the most common loads seen on flatbeds. It would be nice if Bachmann came out with one of these in the near future.
:D
Classic loads!

Quote from: JWR3001 on December 04, 2012, 03:29:25 AM
Other than that, it would be nice if they came out with the Jet Engine (which was a flatbed load), although I suppose that asking a bit too much, isn't it?

The Jet Engine sounds interesting, but as I recall it had its own special truck?
Maybe there could be a sound function, like with the WR and Trackmaster versions.

Me, I'd like to see the Chinese Dragon as a flatbed accessory.. :D

Quote from: ModelTrainFan538 on December 04, 2012, 03:50:41 AM
I always liked the flat car in the Thomas range, but I'll admit I was never fond of the paint drum load.  The logs are a lot more iconic to the series and they are more appealing to the general Thomas fanbase.  I feel like that's what we should have gotten instead of the paint drums, and to this day, I still hope it happens!
One thing good about the paint drums is that you can repaint them, reuse the barrel load once you get tired of the bright paint colors.

I agree with all the above-  they have been seen as the more common of loads sure, not bright and flashy like balloons, calliopes, or lemonade bottles, but they are part of the railway industry, and I definitely think logs as a flatbed load should happen.

Or pipes, because I feel the same way. :)

DinoNTrains

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 03, 2012, 03:44:43 PM
Instead of new flatbeds, how about just selling different loads, same with coal loads for trucks.

I totally agree on this. Long have I thought that separate coal loads would be great for the trucks/freight cars
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)