News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How to reset a DCC locomotive to factory

Started by dipeedo, December 04, 2012, 07:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipeedo

I have a EZ Command controller and a Bachmann 4-8-4 locomotive that won't move forward or reverse, even though I found that being addressed as 3 I can turn the light on and off with Function/10.
Is there a way to reset it to factory with a switch or something ?  I don't see anywhere that the EZ Command can do a reset.

Len

The standard way of doing a 'factory reset' is setting CV8 to a decimal value of 8, but I'm not sure if EZ-Decoders are set up for that. Also, the EZ-Command system can't write to CVs, so even if the decoder can be reset, you'll have to find a friend or local club with a DCC system that can write to CVs.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

the dec0der itself can be reset, but you'll have to find something other than the basic ez command to do it.

perhaps a friend or the hobby shop can do this for you with another dcc controller?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

richg

You can change a loco number but cannot reset a decoder. The EZ Command is old school.
I think it was Bachmann's first entry into DCC.

Rich

Jerrys HO

One of my diesels was doing the same thing and as I recall another member told me to reset the decoder.
Now all I have is the EZ Command and what I did as suggested was to remove all loco's from the track even the one that is giving problems.
Put the controller into programming mode as you were going to change the address and when the red light starts blinking put the problem loco on the track and select the address you want.
This must have done something to reset the decoder because it now works fine.
Hope this helps you and repost if it does so we will all know if this is a way to actually reset the decoder using the EZ Command.

Jerry

Jerrys HO

Hunt

QuoteMaybe you received that from me???
You are correct. I knew no one would find it or can not remember if you sent a pm.

All I know was it corrected the problem which sounds the same.
As usual I appreciate all your reply's whether it is for another poster or me.

Jerry