Plasticville HO Diesel Horn in Oil Storage Tank wiring?

Started by fishinmoretimes, December 05, 2012, 10:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishinmoretimes

I need help. Have accidentally pulled wiring from my diesel horn oil storage tank about 5 years ago and can not find a wiring diagram for it. Anyone got one that can tell me about the wiring?
Thanks!

the Bach-man

Dear Fish,
One wire goes from the AC terminals to the tank. the other goes from the other AC terminal to the pushbutton. A third wire goes from the other side of the button to the remaining contact on the tank.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

chargerdon

You mentioned a total of 3 wires two of which go to ac power and to a switch to ac.   

However,  My oil tank has 4 wires soldered to the pc board.   One on each post marked AC, a third to one of the AC connections, and a fourth to a small connector with a yellow wire on it.    Playing with all four wires I can only get a weak horn sound from it.   How should I connect the 4 wires??

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: chargerdon on October 01, 2013, 05:08:06 PM
You mentioned a total of 3 wires two of which go to ac power and to a switch to ac.   

However,  My oil tank has 4 wires soldered to the PC board.  One on each post marked AC, a third to one of the AC connections, and a fourth to a small connector with a yellow wire on it.  Playing with all four wires I can only get a weak horn sound from it.  How should I connect the 4 wires??

The Bach-mans description was of wiring a working unit, to a transformer, and switch, by the method described in the manual.
Your description, or understanding of it, might be a bit off. From transformer ac terminals- One ac leg(wire1) to oil/horn terminal #1, the other transformer ac leg(wire2) to switch #a(com), then from the switch #b(n.o.) leg(wire3) to oil/horn terminal #2. 
You are asking more about the internal wiring of a circuit board, and trouble shooting it, which is another set of questions altogether. It sounds like ac hooked to the ac leads should make it sound. It could also have a bad speaker, volume switch(?) or amplifier. If no one answers in a few days, I suggest re-posting this as a new question in general discussion where more eyes will see it.

Jerrys HO