News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Replacing Headlight Bulbs or LEDS and Stuff

Started by jonathan, December 08, 2012, 06:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doneldon

Jonathan-

Your outstanding work is an inspiration to all of us. Who says today's MRs don't
have excellent modeling skils. Your work stands with the best!

-- D

bucky909

Just a note on this subject. I have replaced the lights on more than a dozen of my loco's with leds both DC and DCC models using a pre-wired 3mm led with attached caps. resisters, etc.. they can be used for dc, dcc, or ac applications on your layout. They can be viewed at EVANS DESIGNS.COM.. Regards, bucky909 

Trainman203

Jonathon the Spectrum consolidation actually did exist, it was an IC 900.  It was a Harriman engine, so it is similar to engines on other Harriman roads.

Trainman203

Who needs to fix what, to see the photos?

ebtnut

I was going to chime in too - the photos didn't come through, just some banner about needing to update Photobucket.

WoundedBear

Photobucket decided to start charging hundreds of dollars for third party hosting. Don't pay, and you lose your photos. I use a European hosting site, Fotki. I have a hard time trusting American companies lately.

Sid

Trainman203

I hope these photos can somehow be included again.  This is information I really want to see.  Most of the Bach Man's Spectrum steam engines, otherwise beautiful, had weak headlights.  I'm a big fan of night ops on a lighted layout and really want to upgrade the headlights.

WoundedBear

Go search through Jonathan's Photobucket page directly. You will probably find them in the hundreds of photos he has there.

http://s642.photobucket.com/user/jsnvogel/library/?sort=3&page=1

Sid

James in FL

As Sid said, if you want to continue to host your photo bucket images to third party sites (like this one), it's gunna cost ya.
About 4C notes annually.
You only lose your photos posted on those sites.
Your photos are still in your bucket at no charge (for now), they are just not viewable in this (and many other) forums.
You can post a link to your photo bucket where anyone can view all "public" folders and images, you just can't post a direct link picture anymore.
If you wish, you can still download your images from that site to your hard drive or memory stick.
Some of my pictures, across the forums have the speedometer, wanting an "update" (payment),
Others are still intact.

I have no desire to fix broken links over the past 20 years.

c'est la vie

jonathan

Folks,

Free image hosting has been my bread & butter for the last 10 years.  This is an unfortunate situation.

I am researching other sites like shutterfly, flikr, and the like.  Would like to start posting photos again.  I will not be paying big fees just to share photos.  As said above, you can go directly to my photobucket site and view the thousands of photos I have loaded over the years.

Hopefully, I be able to get back to sharing photos without breaking the bank.

Regards,

Jonathan

Trainman203