News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EMD GP 35 Ho

Started by hotrainkid14543, December 10, 2012, 07:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrainkid14543

so just bought my son a new loco EMD GP35 ho scale new in the box.  Was very careful with the break in period.  Now having a hard time with it.  The engine does not want to run all the wheels are on the track but it does not move or if it does we have to turn the control up and it seems like the wheels are not getting any traction?  does this make sense?  IDK what to do the boy is so upset and I am super frustrated with this issue.  Any ideas would be helpful thanks
Hotrainkid 14543

Stephen D. Richards

What is the make and model of the loco?  I assume it ran well in the break in period?  Have you taken the body shell off yet to see if it has any obstructions inside?  Check the pickups in or on the trucks.  Have you applied power to the wheels themselves?  Lets us know what you have so we can get the picture as it were.  Stephen

hotrainkid14543

its a bachmann plus EMD GP35 diesel item no. 11503 not dcc.  Took off shell last week didnt see anything wrong that I noticed anyways.  Yes it ran great during the break in period.  the pick ups must be working cause the wheels move and there is power and it just doesnt seem to have any traction?

Stephen D. Richards

I think I have the picture now.  The older Plus had the horizontal split frame.  If the wheels turn when power is applied, che close to see if the trucks set flat of the track.  Sometimes they will bind at an angle under the frame.  Have you have the frame apart?  Stephen

hotrainkid14543

yea it does split will take apart now

Stephen D. Richards

Also be carefull when you put it back together.  The wipers for these are touchy and need to be replaced exactley as you take them apart.  Hope that will help a bit.  Stephen

hotrainkid14543

found the problem missing the rear drive shaft thanks for your help off to order a new one!

Stephen D. Richards

No problem, glad I could help!  I do apologize though for my spelling this morning.  I don't think my fingers are awake yet!  Stephen