Woodland Scenics Subterrain system

Started by AndyJB, December 10, 2012, 05:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyJB

I'm using this system on my grandson's new layout. I see people have used various adhesives including hot glue, "No Nails" and of course WS have their own expensive version.
My question is what adhesive have members used to install it and how where the results? It's going down on a foam board base.

NarrowMinded

woodland scenics sells a adhesive just for the foam, if you use hot glue you have to use a low temp glue stick.

NM-jeff

ebtbob

I have used Elmer's carpenter's glue,  the yellow glue,  with great results.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Doneldon

Andy-

Depending on how big of a project you're building, you might
consider plastic-safe construction adhesive, too.

- D

ChrisS

Terry Toenges

I've used about all of the above with success.
Feel like a Mogul.

Pops

I've had problems with white glue/elmers glue. 
1.  I didn't paint or seal the foam first, and it bled through a 2" thick piece of foam onto the surface below.
2.  It never really dried.  I had used it for a Christmas display and when I took it down after Christmas, it was still not dry in between two pieces of foam.

Since then, I've used the WS stuff with great results and also Liquid Nails for Foam.

Good Luck. ;)

Len

"Liquid Nails for Projects and Foam Board (LN604)" and "Liquid Nails Panel and Foam (LN609)" are non-solvent glues that work very well with WS foam products. It's available in caulking gun size tubes if you have a large layout, or smaller tubes if your layout's on the smaller size.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.