News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

which chassis to replace a 90095 wp&y

Started by chuter1, December 12, 2012, 12:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuter1

:)Since the large axle gear doesn't seem to be available, what chassis can I purchase from Bacmann for my 90095 White Pass & Yukon. I have already drilled and wired the gear and axle as they suggested. But the gear itself is cracked and makes a LOUD clicking noise. Thanks.

Loco Bill Canelos

They do not seem to have the specific chassis for your loco, you could give them a call and give your set number and they will be able to tell what is closest.

This link below seems to be close, but the cut levers are gold instead of black, other than that everything else look to be the same

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_69_148&products_id=4086

If all else fails it should be fine.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

chuter1

Thanks Bill for your quick reply. Actually it looks more like 90094 with the silver firebox and that large silver gearbox. Color of anything doesn't matter. They all look the same to me anyway.  Can't seem to get a responce from Bachmann either by e-mail or phone in three days. For the money, I will take the chance.  Have a great day! Oh, nothing against Bachmann, after all it 'tis the season, they have to be busy!

Loco Bill Canelos

That's great, and you are right the price is really right!! You are right it is their busiest time and everyone wants theirs fixed yesterday!!  Phone works best for me.

Have Fun!

veetwelve

Yeah, but the valve gear on the 90031 chassis is the more impressive Walschaerts configuration... I ordered a 90036 chassis to stick under one of my Big Haulers just so I could have something besides the Stephenson valves.  And at thirty bucks, it makes a cheap Christmas present for myself!

All the best,
Jay

Loco Bill Canelos

Definnitely agree, all my 4-6-0's have the Walschearts valve gear.