CGI Milk and Fuel Tankers HO Scale

Started by JLK2707, July 21, 2011, 11:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

Do you think that Bachmann will redesign the Milk and Fuel Tankers in the CGI forms for the Thomas and Friends HO Scale Range. Is it true that Bachmann are releasing the Tar Wagon in the Large Scale range too?

Cheeky_ULP

It's possible, and yes. You can view all the new Bachmann items in their 2011 NRMA Catalog:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/2011_NMRA.pdf

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Jordie2707 on July 21, 2011, 11:03:01 AM
Do you think that Bachmann will redesign the Milk and Fuel Tankers in the CGI forms for the Thomas and Friends HO Scale Range. Is it true that Bachmann are releasing the Tar Wagon in the Large Scale range too?

About the tankers, it's just like what Sparks said. Since the oil tanker was "CGI-ified" ("Yes, that's real made up word."*), it is entirely possible that these two tankers might face the same change.

*I got that from missoliverandblossom's Q&A vid.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

seanrail

What is better for the tankers? The CGI logos or the model series writing?

Calebtrain

Quote from: seanrail on January 08, 2013, 04:11:40 PM
What is better for the tankers? The CGI logos or the model series writing?
I honestly prefer the model series writing.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

JD417

CGI logo's drive a good 90% of the Bachmann fan base insane, I still don't quite understand why Bachmann release something that represents the models, and then change it to CGI-Style. (EX. the tankers, and the mail car)

If they wanted to have things CGI, why not just start it like that from the start? (EX. Diesel)

But Bachmann always seem to change between the CGI and model (EX. Duck's face and Donald and Douglas', they did have a CGI face in the show, but they decided to go with a model face (thankfully)) :)

Shawn

I'm divided in terms of the logos/writing.  The writing is nostalgic and a bit more intelligent,  but the logos are good for international audiences who can't read English. 

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Shawn on January 12, 2013, 02:27:07 PM
I'm divided in terms of the logos/writing.  The writing is nostalgic and a bit more intelligent,  but the logos are good for international audiences who can't read English. 

Well put Shawn. But I myself find the lettering on tankers/Mail Cars better.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)