Suggestions for new Rolling Stock for 2013

Started by seanrail, December 13, 2012, 11:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanrail

since 2010, Troublesome Truck #3 and Ice Cream Van were the only new HO Rolling Stock while the RF Container Car, 6 Ton Wagon, Brown Cattle Car, Tar Tanker and Well Wagon was removed from the line.

I Think Bachmann should re-released the Tar Tanker and the Well Wagon for 2 reasons; There is a Tar Tanker in the large scale line, but that does not mean discontinuing the HO model and the Well Wagon had appeared in the CGI Series.

Other rolling stock in my HO books should be Toad (If Oliver is announced), Rocky, Hector, More Troublesome Trucks, CGI Milk and Fuel Tankers, Flatbeds with oil drums or Logs and the Flying Kipper Van

DinoNTrains

I definately agree on Toad, more Troublesome Trucks, log loads, and Flying Kipper vans, but I would also like to see the red coaches (maybe even the orange coaches) and circus wagons. :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Cirkit:)

I think more Troublesome Trucks would be nice.
Nice for us, anyway. I'm pretty sure the engines wouldn't like more of those pesky troublemakers at all.

All it would take to make a new Troublesome Truck is a pre-existing body and a new face mold, pretty easy to pull off.

We have seen a few trucks with the big, square faces, but why not have a truck with one of the narrower, rectangular faces, like this guy here?
http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/File:TheWorld%27sStrongestEngine22.jpg

It's a memorable face, and we've seen trucks with similar faces all over the yards:
http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/File:ToadStandsBy13.jpg
...but not in OO.

If not that, then why not use the salt wagon, or some other pre-existing wagon, and give Ol' Bucky here a run?
http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/File:TheWorld%27sStrongestEngine20.jpg
I found the face very silly when I was younger, and silly is good, for a Troublesome Truck.

I'm not sure how the tankers with the faces would do, but it's always an idea!
http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/File:ToadStandsBy25.jpg

More trucks out to play means more mischief for the engines to deal with all day!

Also, I'm still a really big advocate for the plant/scrap bolster wagons.
http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/File:Bolsterwagons.png
http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/File:Henry%27sForest24.PNG

There's just something about them...  ;D

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Cirkit:) on December 17, 2012, 05:56:57 PM
Nice for us, anyway. I'm pretty sure the engines wouldn't like more of those pesky troublemakers at all.

All it would take to make a new Troublesome Truck is a pre-existing body and a new face mold, pretty easy to pull off.

We have seen a few trucks with the big, square faces, but why not have a truck with one of the narrower, rectangular faces, like this guy here?

It's a memorable face, and we've seen trucks with similar faces all over the yards:

...but not in OO.

If not that, then why not use the salt wagon, or some other pre-existing wagon, and give Ol' Bucky here a run?

I found the face very silly when I was younger, and silly is good, for a Troublesome Truck.

More trucks out to play means more mischief for the engines to deal with all day!

There's just something about them...  ;D
I can't see any of your images.

Zorran202

I just hope they'll re-release the RF container wagon, since it clearly showed up a lot in the CGI series...

Quote from: AJW98Productions on December 17, 2012, 10:35:21 PM

...but not in OO.

There's just something about them...  ;D
Whoops. Not sure how that happened.
I'll change the images to just the links and see what happens.
Thanks for the tip-off!

EDIT: Post has been edited, use the links to view the images.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Cirkit:) on December 19, 2012, 08:38:10 PM
Quote from: AJW98Productions on December 17, 2012, 10:35:21 PM

...but not in OO.

There's just something about them...  ;D
Whoops. Not sure how that happened.
I'll change the images to just the links and see what happens.
Thanks for the tip-off!

EDIT: Post has been edited, use the links to view the images.
Thanks for fixing that, I would definetly like to have some more trucks with faces, as the majority of trucks I own are face-less and I think I've figured out how to create copies of the faces, so I can have some variety, and I can also put faces on some trucks which aren't gifted with faces ;) .

Ooh! I'd like to hear more about this method that you spoke of-
I've heard of others replicating faces for editing, but I haven't been able to just yet.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Cirkit:) on December 22, 2012, 12:18:51 PM
Ooh! I'd like to hear more about this method that you spoke of-
I've heard of others replicating faces for editing, but I haven't been able to just yet.
I thought of sticking them in clay, and then filling in it with plasticine or something like that to create extra masks and then paint them to the right colours.

That sounds like an excellent idea.
I'd like to see this if you attempt it...

Also, related to rolling stock, I found an image of the 'Tree Car', or at least an image of the truck it's based off of.

Just add buffers on wood blocks, and repaint it medium red, and you've got the same truck as seen on TV.

Oh, and build it to OO gauge, because I'm pretty sure this model in the picture isn't OO. :P

Chaz

I would honestly be perfectly fine if Toad was the only piece of rolling stock next year for 2013, as long as Oliver and Trevor both make it into the range.  However, I do hope we get to see more rolling stock in the near future as I feel Bachmann are lacking in the quanity of rolling stock for the HO Thomas line.  Some suggestions are as follows:

Brake van revision - When it comes to revisons, I must admit that the brake van needs a revision more than any of the rolling stock in the current lineup of Thomas and Friends products.  It would be preferable if it turned out to look exactly like the one in the large scale range.  

New Troublesome Truck - If Bachmann made a new van that looked similar to the one made by Tomix, or closely resembles the one used in A Close Shave for Duck, I can picture the result being very satisfying!  

The Red Coaches (Both composite and brake coach) - I am honestly surprised that we haven't gotten the red coaches in the range yet.  Especially since the red express coaches have been discontinued for quite some time now and how these coaches would make a perfect replacement!  Plus they are very iconic to the series and would be easy enough for Bachmann to make.   I'm sure it would be a fantastic seller!

The Breakdown Train - If there is any addition I would love more than anything else in terms of rolling stock, it'd be the breakdown train.  This would consist of making the breakdown crane itself, as well as the works unit coach, both sold seperately.  I think that this would make an excellent addtion just because there is no breakdown crane in the Thomas line and I think this would be more ideal for a majority of Thomas fans than the likes of Harvey or Rocky.  Plus it's introductory episode, Thomas Saves the Day, is quite a popular episode considering that it's the introduction of James, Annie and Clarabel, as well as Thomas' branch line.  Sparks made a post discussing more reasons of potential in depth shown here in case if anyone would like to check it out:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,9227.msg120939.html#msg120939

Either way, I'm sure that Bachmann has excellent plans for the Thomas and Friends line, but I do hope we can see an overall improvement in rolling stock additions as I would like to see these happen someday. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Zorran202

Admittedly, I agree on the brake van needing a little revision. After all, they did revise the Oil tanker, Mail van, Cream tanker, Raspberry tanker, etc., then the Brake van will definitely be one of them.

I hope they make another troublesome truck that is a closed van (heck maybe even a tanker van seen in Toad Stands By), at least to sort of make up the somewhat 'meh' feeling from troublesome truck #3. I also hope that they re-release the RF wagons and well wagons (those small and big, respectively, flatbeds seen in the majority of the CGI series).

Shawn

A truck full of cocoa powder would be good,  because people could finally make a train of pure calories.   But the range is lacking variety immensely.   We've got so much of the same.  Tankers and open wagons make up the majority of it.  It's so boring.  The "red box" company has much more variety.  And an action mail coach

PasqualeCS96

I say we need more vans. At least two more; one with a face one without.

AndyJB

The flat log cars to hold the logs as in Misty Island although I'm currently waiting for kits to arrive so I can convert them.