Sante Fe Diesel Engine 18" Radius

Started by heethuk, December 13, 2012, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heethuk

I am looking for a Bachmann Sante Fe Diesel Engine with an 18" radius, but I don't know which model I am supposed to get.  Can someone please help.  This is for a gift for my Father-In-Law and I need it by next weekend.  Thank you for your help.

Doneldon

heet-

Any of Bachmann's diesel locomotives will negotiate correctly installed 18" curves so your choice is a matter of the locomotive's
purpose (freight, passenger, yard switching, heavy drag, etc.), the era to be represented and personal preference for a paint scheme.

-- D

mf5117

The GP40,35,38 , 50   F models are good diesel runners on 18"radius track . most of all the 4 wheel truck models will do well . the 6 wheel truck models the ones with    -2 at the end of the model number do well on 22" radius but on 18" radius have a tendency to derail if the track is not laid well or a little rail height difference at the rail joiner's. don't get me wrong they will run on 18"r track but they like the bigger radius better . and watch your turnouts with short connectors and s-cerves .Bachmann makes really reliable diesels so have fun .