News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Looking for an On30 crhistmas caboose

Started by turgilles, December 13, 2012, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turgilles

H,
I have a Thomas Kinkade Christmas express train and looking for a caboose to complete my train. No luck so far. Anyone has some clues where I could get that item?
Best regards.

NarrowMinded

Hi,

You may have a tough time with that I don't see to many of those turn up as single sale items.

If you just  want a Christmas caboose and are not dead set on the kinkade item you could order a painted unlettered caboose and then get some Christmas stickers or dry transfers from a craft store and decorate your own.

NM-Jeff

mabloodhound

The set is sold by the http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/49039_thomas-kinkade-train.html

Contact them (customer support) and explain that you need the Caboose issue and you may get them to send that issue.   You'll probably end up on their mailing list but hopefully can get them to send the car.   Many people cancel their subscription orders before the set is complete so they may have a lot of caboose issues on hand.

It is a nice set albeit an expensive way to get into On30.   Don't ask how I know this. ;D
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

bussy65

I have had good luck calling Bradford Exchange direct and ordering the exact item I needed

and in the color or style I was looking for: Give it a shot.

TimR

Here is one on eBay, ending in 14 hours. No bids on it as of this posting....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thomas-Kinkade-Hawthorne-Electric-train-Christmas-Express-Caboose-illuminated-/170962673918?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ce2b60fe

Good luck. This is the best time of year to "find" what you are looking for on eBay, but you may not get the best price at his time of year. Just sayin'....