News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New GP30

Started by stevek, December 14, 2012, 07:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevek

I would like to hear the new sound system on the GP30. Is a sample of the sound system available online somewhere? The loco LOOKS great by the way!

phillyreading

Quote from: stevek on December 14, 2012, 07:30:31 AM
I would like to hear the new sound system on the GP30. Is a sample of the sound system available online somewhere? The loco LOOKS great by the way!
I agree with you, I would like to hear the new True Blast Plus system. What about at a local hobby shop?

Lee F.

r0gruth

My local hobby shop that might have one is at least five hours away.
Roger

raider409

How long before the second release is announced with different roadnames.

Steve

phillyreading

Quote from: raider409 on December 15, 2012, 07:02:11 AM
How long before the second release is announced with different roadnames.

Steve

Maybe March? Bachmann will need to see how well the first group of GP-30's sells.
The first group of GP-30's has arrived at Bachmann, according to the info that I have gathered.

Lee F.

tsched

Just ordered one in the NYC paint.  It's on its way now.  Will fire it up the day it arrives!

gap920

I just received my new GP30 Williams locomotive.  It is probably the best balance of detailed features, reversing unit and sound features I have seen yet. 

The horn and bell sounds are greatly improved from the Trublast II system.  It even has the sound of the engine and electric of the locomotive.

I am one who did not equip my layout for the complicated Lionel and MTH systems.  It is refreshing to see that you have stayed with a conventional system.  The lighting was another good surprise.  I hope that additional road names may come in the next year.  I would also hope that another EMD model might be tooled in the near future.

EIS

Does the user have control over the horn, or is it still the standard grade crossing signal?

Earl

3rail

Dear All,

I will try to answer your questions.

New road names.  we will add some new ones, but we just released these, so give us a little time please.  We will not announce new ones in March.  We know there are plenty more make.

The new True Blast plus is very nice. You have control over the length of the horn blast. In addition the new system has polymorphic sound so the motor sounds, bell, and horn can play at the same time.  We will see about posting a video with the features and sounds.

Regards,

3rail

Srcjo

Can someone post a video? I would love to hear and see.

Srcjo

Stopped by my local train store today, Mario's trains.
Had a chance to see and hear the new GP-30
Very nice. Can't wait for more road names.

M1FredQ

I am SO glad Bachmann has decided to address the lighting on their engines!!!!!

I really like their engines, and rolling stock,etc.

I was running the Full-Scale Hudson with my son. He hooked up all the boxcars we had and that engine was pulling them around the layout!!!!!!!!!!!

I did notice the headlight on the full-scale was good.

I am just having a problem with the smoke unit.

I also can't wait to see the GP-30's

Cobrabob8

Watch this video. Jack Lynch from Bachmann shows the prototypes and also demonstrates the new 16 bit sound. It is at about 8:45 into the video.
Cobrabob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr_mM6C3hrU&list=UUG_8S5mVSOBbuD5SdyZJuug&index=5&feature=plcp
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

M1FredQ

Cobra thanks for the video link.

It must be a lot of fun to go to one of those conventions.

The new Bachmann releases and Lionel's are really impressive.

It seems they are doing their upmost best to give us great realistic

sound systems at reasonable prices.

No matter which company you saw as well as the aftermarket vendors

ALL share a deep passion for this great hobby of ours and we all will see great things in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!