News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ATTENTION BACH-MAN, DYNAMIS USERS

Started by choochootrains, December 16, 2012, 04:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choochootrains

I'm posting here, because the DCC link doesn't seem to be active.  I'm considering the Bachmann Dynamis Wireless System,  and this is a Bachmann forum, but the only replies I have gotten recommend NCE.  I posted the following question on Modeltrainforum.com:

And I received the following reply:

From what I know about all three systems.
I do belive the answer is going to be NO, NO, and NO
The outputs on the switch-Kat are not the same as the Kato inputs.
The logic between every thing is just not the same.

Bach-Man, Bachmann Dynamis Users  please let me know if the above reply is true or not.
Thank you.

skipgear

Kato turnouts use a different system than anybody else. They are a single coil machine and the switch changes polarity to fire the turnout each direction. The only stationary decoder that I know of that will opperate them is from Digitrax. They are small enough that you mount them underneath the turnout and the entire system is then selfcontained at each turout.

As far as the Dynamis system controlling the Digitrax decoder, it should providing it is NMRA compliant.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

choochootrains

"Changing the polarity" does this cause a problem with DCC wiring?   I have Kato Unitrack turnouts and am interested in buying the Dynamis DCC Wireless.  If Switch-Kat decoders won't work, what is the stationary decoder that will work:  Digitrax stationary decoder 245-DS64 ? Thanks.

Nathan

The NCE website has the information on the Switch Kat.  It allows you to download the manual for the unit.

The Digitrax website has information on the DS51K1.  It allows you do download the manual for the unit.