ez dynamis slower than ez command basic controller , why?

Started by martinni, December 15, 2012, 11:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinni

Just got an ez dynamis dcc controller , and ive found that the maximum speed of dynamis is obviously slower than ez command controller--basic dcc controller , and then i connected the dynamis power to ez command --basic   ,  and you can find that the maximum speed can be the same as what it did on ez basic controller , the output of both power packs are 16v , but it seems like dynamis on track stabilized output is 15.5 and ez basic is 16v , i was wondering why dynamis output is weaker .

Doneldon

boozy-

I would guess this is just a sample to sample variation.

-- D

NarrowMinded

Di you happen to notice the Ez-Command power supply is 16v AC 1000 mA and the Dynamis is 16v DC 2.3 A

NM-Jeff

P.S. even with the dynamis being slower it should still able to run your locomotives well above realistic scale speeds, unless your running bullet trains...

Burlington Route

I have the EZ controller at the moment and have a dynamis coming...from what I've heard one can set the start up voltage or steps to speed up or slow down certain engines so they match speed on the dynamis controller. The EZ can't do that. Maybe some more playing will be required.
Speaking of speed, just how fast are you wanting the engines to go...scale wise....just asking since the prototypical speed would be on the slow side and usually{and yeah, I said usually} folks like a slow engine that can creep. Just for sake of reference, what engine are you playing with at the moment...some are geared higher or lower than others depending on the manufacturer.

I just checked out the EZ box and though it does state that it can be used for N, HO, and On30...you know that the On30 engines and cars will be heavier and draw more from the controller and if said controller doesn't have much to give out, speed/power will suffer. I'm all to used to this from way back when I got into G scale...talk about power hogs! I do beilieve there's a booster unit for either the EZ or even the dynamis..can anyone confirm that...I haven't done any research on "that" yet, but with me running On30, I may be doing some research soon.

NarrowMinded

I'm using an ez command to run two G-Scale locomotives on my my Christmas layout right now, they are both equipped with tsunami sound decoders and run fine as long as the track connections are made correctly, the only time I had an issue with under power is when I did not bother to screw the brass track together.

NM-Jeff

GRZ

Martinni,I to noticed that same thing but I rather like it, [grandchildren] the thing I dont like is when my bachman 4-4-0 is droping off cars,[throttle set on #1,] the chuff sound is like one side of the engine is at work,its not till the throttle is moved to #3 both engines come into play.oh well I guess I cant have every thing.remembering 50 years ago and what we had to work with then.Grz