1880 unlettered passenger cars

Started by Daomack, December 17, 2012, 11:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daomack

I would like to know why the 1880 red or yellow unlettered passenger cars are not available to purchase online.  They have been on the website for a long time with no actionable buy online icon associated with them. ???

richg

Quote from: Daomack on December 17, 2012, 11:29:37 AM
I would like to know why the 1880 red or yellow unlettered passenger cars are not available to purchase online.  They have been on the website for a long time with no actionable buy online icon associated with them. ???

That issue is well known. Not near enough demand, in just about all brands that I am aware of.
By the way, which scale? There are different scales here in the Bachmann forums.

Rich

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Daomack on December 17, 2012, 11:29:37 AM
I would like to know why the 1880 red or yellow unlettered passenger cars are not available to purchase online.  They have been on the website for a long time with no actionable buy online icon associated with them. ???

FWIW, I've seen listings for them on eBay, though not necessarily under "Bachmann." I think they showed up when I did a search for "passenger" under the Other category of the HO listings.

Doneldon

Mack-

There is actually quite a bit of 1800s railroad equipment available from a number of manufacturers but you have to go
looking for it. Try doing a search for "old time" on eBay under the scale you want to model. And check on-line sellers, too.

-- D