ATTN Bach-Man - Acela Cafe Car power truck gear pin/shaft question/problem

Started by jdg051, December 17, 2012, 07:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdg051

Well, "Bach-man" can you help us out.  Seems like I'm not the only one having a problem here.

jdg051

I finally got Laura Harris on the phone today after many calls and some help from Jenny in parts.  Anyways, they have supposedly received some newly designed power trucks from China for this unit and believe that they can fix the 2 I have.  I also received an email from them with my Repair Order number and attached PDF sheet. WE may be getting somewhere.

eddie3

Well I had some luck today also ....Received a call from Laura stating they mailed out my repaired loco's but that they were returned to Bachmann as the address was wrong . After hearing her voicemail requesting my correct address by email,  I made a call to make sure ... Left a voice message and shortly after received a call from a woman in shipping saying they had the right city but wrong state ... Nebraska ( NE ) instead of New York (NY).... Let's see if they make it to NY this time !

eddie3

Loco's made it to NY this time and work fine .... They even swapped out the old F7 that I sent in for repairs with the newer Spectrum series F7.

kewatin

in response to poor service,you must in all fairness remember that the xmas season is bachmann's busy time off year, i sent my loco in for repair &or replacement in mid nov &got it back dec 20/12. in my 3 times of using their service and now a 4th time as i am resonding to   this post i  cannot say enough good things about laura and all the service tec's etc.as i am an older person &per haps a little patience GRASSHOPPER goes a long ways. i am sure the end result will be pleasing.bachmann has come a long way in regards to mfg process and standards demanded by todays modellers, are they there yet,i think they are getting very close, even to kato and i model n scale. these are just my observations based on my dealings with bachmann and no way represent an endorsement for them in any way.just a satisfied customer.
  regards&later KEWATIN :D

jdg051

Here's is an update on this topic.  My 2 Acela power cars are still at Bachmann.  After several calls (an unreturned also) I kept getting the same response "we're going to get to it this week". After several of these pee poor answers I contacted Sonny (extension 226).  Things beging to move when you get the Plant Manager to walk over and ask what is going on. Laura actually called me within 15 minutes of my discussion with Sonny.  It is extremely poor that after almost 2 months on them having the locos it took that kind of phone call to get someone off of their dead butt and do something.  I guess well see when I get them back if they were actually fixed.  Supposedly they have received some new parts from China for these locos.