News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Attn. Bach-man, re- couplers

Started by davidone, August 11, 2007, 02:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward

Not sure what I got . ..I have both a HO and and N layout.  An Atlas 'Dead End Uncoupler' track handles the HO and a Model Power (Expensive little devils) handles the N.

Some of the cartons state "Equipped with X2F Couplers".  Nobody mentioned these yet.   

A little research reveals they were invented by Paul Mallory back in the fifties, and he let any one that wanted to use them, and they were referred to as NMRA type.

Any how, I just turned 82 and my grandson just turned 11, so from here on it is going to be up to him.

Thanks for all the help, guys, and have a nice day.

Hunt

Quote from: Edward on September 28, 2007, 08:41:18 PM
Some of the cartons state "Equipped with X2F Couplers".  Nobody mentioned these yet.   

Used with HO, the X2F Coupler is commonly known as a horn hook coupler.

Edward,
If it is convenient, you and your grandson should visit a well stocked model trains store. Model railroading equipment has changed significantly from what you seem to have.

You and your grandson can get some good information from the article about the knuckle couplers in  http://www.trains.com/mrr/default.aspx?c=a&id=2089

Edward

Oh, how I would love to take my Grand son to a real hobby store, but there are none in what you would call close.   My method of shopping was to watch the Walther's flyers to see what was available then order from the magazines mail order dealers at a lot lower price.

Then of course, the family would see some thing and say "Grand Dad could use this."  So some boxes have never been opened since they were unwrapped.

Again, thanks for everything, and have a nice day . .. Enjoy your trains. (Now, where I have I heard that before?)