News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heisler

Started by Linzthom, December 22, 2012, 01:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linzthom

Can anyone give us a Xmas present and tell us when the mythical Heisler will actually show up, all shiny and new, ready for our layouts?

PLEASE???

Lindsay  ( in New Zealand )
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Tomcat

Well, I haven´t given up about the Heislers. Still wished there would be some word about it by the Bachmann folks, just the way Lindsay said...

How long must this lokie stay a myth..? :( :( :(

Can someone please give us a update on this?

Cheers to you all, Merry Christmas
from
Tom

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The Heislers will finally arrive in the spring.
I saw a running sample in Philadelphia on Tuesday, and it runs exceptionally well!
I can't wait!
Merry Christmas!
the Bach-man

Tomcat

Dear Bach-man,

thank you so much for this update. Can´t wait to have them here... =)

Merry Christmas and we are looking for
to see more great models from you guys! ;) ;) ;)

Cheers,
Tom

InsideTrack

THE STEARNS-HEISLERS ARE HERE!

Enjoy!  :) :) :)

mabloodhound

Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

Stevelewis

Hi Lindsay

You could have odered one from www.tower-models.com  they export world wide, they have had stocks for a few weeks now (as  have EDM Models York)
You would have had it  by now.......

Looks like the weather down there is a bit wet at the moment was hoping to watch  the Cricket from Dunedin last night on SKY TV  but rain stopped  play!!
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

TimR

If they are here, wouldn't the "Now Arriving" or "Announcements" section be the proper place to broadcast this news? Just sayin'....

Linzthom

Hi Steve,

NZ is mostly in drought or close too it. Even here on the West ( Wet ) Coast we haven't seen rain for 2 months and things are getting desperate. Dundein had rain, which is like saying Lands End had rain while the rest of the UK sizzles.

Anyways, it didn't rain today and I suppose the English wished it did !!

As to the Heisler, I am thinking of ways to make it a bigger tonner as I really think it is WAY to small for my needs. Perhaps I could use the running gear and build a new superstructure.

Lindsay ( in New Zealand )

2foot6

New Zealand gets the Heisler after we get them Australia ;D ;D ;D

Stevelewis

Hi Lindsay.
Not sure  about  Heisler re increasing  its  size  I guess the main problem would be  the  chassis  length,
the wheel base  is  120mm approx ,

I watched some of the cricket  last  night live on SKY  but  theres a 13 hour time difference so eventually  had to go to bed, doesnt look   like England are trying  hard  enough, maybe  too concerned  with  the  next  series  against Oz!!

Its  raining  hard here at the  moment!
Steve

mabloodhound

Lindsay,

I'm currently working on a kitbash to make the 35 ton Tuolumne #2 Heisler.   I am using an On30 Climax boiler and frame and will be adding the Heisler wheelsets to that (I hope).   The Climax boiler is the correct length for this loco and I only need to add the wagon top using a 3D printed part.   The climax metal cab is also suitable and the tender box is a perfect size.
I actually was surprised at how well the Climax matched this loco.   Bachmann could have just remade the boiler and drive train on the Climax and would have had the perfect Heisler.

If you have a source for one of those non running Climax's with a steel cab and round lights, you're more than half way done.

Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

Linzthom

@ Steve: We were in the UK about 2 years ago. It was dry then. BUT  I love the place. My wife is English and I certainly want to go back. North Wales, eh? We went to Llanduno ( 3 days ) and visited Conway and did the Festiniog Railway. Absolutely fantastic !!!

@ Dave: I'll probably be scratch building my Heisler from the chassis up. I just don't like the Bachman offering, sorry Bachman. NZ imported 7 Heislers and none of them were this early  or this light. I'd have prefered  a later 20 tonner at least. I did contemplate grafting Climax running gear on a Heisler upper and calling it a 'Clisler'. Might still do it. Either doing that or using the running gear off a Ho $45 ton switcher.

Lindsay in NZ

Stevelewis

Strange  thing.....  I watched  TANGEWAI  A LOVE  STORY  on a UK film channel  last weekend  actually a very  well done  film,  which intertwined  the Tangewai Train Disaster  and  the  Cricket Test Match vs SA.

For those interested the  Tangewai disaster occured in 1953 when a mud flow from a Volcano washed  out  a bridge, causing an express train to  crash into  the river,  causing  massive loss of  life,  details are on Google

J R Barnes

Micro-Mark sent an email today that it has been shipped 3-11.

Jerry Barnes
Jerry Barnes
Conductor-Fireman (Retired)
Grapevine Vintage Railroad