new Dynamis set trying to get set up for Christmas

Started by LargeFry, December 23, 2012, 11:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LargeFry

just got a new dynamis train set and I'm having issues with the power supply; I think. The command station's led lights (both) flash very fast and inconsistantly. This happens whether the track is hooked up or not. User manuel doesn't have much of a trouble shooting section. Can anyone tell me what the led lights should be doing when working normally? Thanks

LargeFry

Thanks for the info Hunt. My problem seems to be with the command station. When I plug it in, in accordance with the manuel, I can't get a steady or constant led. I'm not too worried about the hand set right now because I don't think I've got power to the track. Can you check voltage across the track to tell? I don't get any voltage at the track and random voltage at the transformer lead that plugs into the command center. I was expecting to read 15 vdc.

Bucksco

Check the outlet you are plugged into. It needs to be grounded.

captain1313

The LED's on the base station will flash if the handset is not on or not communicating.  Follow the directions to link base and handset.

Kevin

LargeFry

Got it working guys. $50 later and a trip to Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, local hobby shop and finally Frys to find a new transformer or power supply that has the same dc and amp output as the original and the set works great now. Merry Christmas