News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas/Large Scale

Started by sodorlad, December 26, 2012, 04:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodorlad

After receiving Large Scale Thomas bits for Crimbo, I have a couple of questions...

1. Do the "HO" Thomas figurines look more to scale with the large scale Thomas engines? I want to buy a few conductor figures to place in the cab as a driver and fireman, The Fat Controller and Farmer McColl on fixed to a station etc. Will this work... Or are they still too large?

2. The track that the sets come with has limitations, ie indoor use only and one radius of curve so limited expansion. Will the power connecting clip fix onto other brangs of G scale track, for example LGB, or will I have to buy a different brand of controller and power clip?

Thanks and Merry Xmas!
Botheration...

the Bach-man

Dear BM,
I think the figures look pretty good with LS.
For outdoor use, you'll need our brass track (or Aristo, or LGB, etc.).
You'll certainly need a larger power supply- check the ads in Garden Railways magazine.
Happy New Year!
the Bach-man

sodorlad

Sorry for bringing up an old topic... but I had some progress I wanted to share.

I finally got around to buying some figurines and decided on using the "HO" conductors as a driver and fireman, initially in Large Scale Thomas and James and I think the results are good!

For Thomas, I removed the legs by simply twisting them out of the body section and glued them inside his cab. For James, I only removed the green base, but I had to file down the pegs on the feet that slot into this bit.

Percy's cab is much more shallow than Thomas' so I will have to be a little more inventive, possibly sawing the men in half somehow! :-\ Likewise Emily has little in the way of a cab floor, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Anyway, some pics...

Botheration...

Zorran202

Well bust my buffers! They look so accurately close to how an engine and drivers + fireman should be operating in engines! Well done! It must've been very worry-some to make sure they're all measured down accurately. :D