News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC programming with 4-4-0 American

Started by rmoench, December 22, 2012, 08:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmoench

I have just started a new On30 layout with a 4-4-0 American DCC and the Bachmann DCC Command system.  I can't get the steam engine to accept a new unit 1 program.  It works fine as the default #3, all functions.  When I try to change it's number to 1 it doesn't accept it.  Or after issueing the program command it runs very very slow.  THe LEDs don't flash like described, not rapid flash, just the same slow flash.  I push #3 and it runs as it should.

Also how do I add sound to this engine?

Thanks,

Randy
Randy
The O&R Railroad
Operating N, HO, On30

richg

Look at the below link for connecting the 8 pin to 9 pin decoder. This link should be included with any suggestion as many do not realize the shrink can be cut back enough to remove the present 9 pin plug and not affect the warranty.
Take time to read ALL the stuff if you are new and check out his other links.
Click on the Litchfield Station link for a very good DCC company. I have ordered a lot from that company.
http://www.mrdccu.com/curriculum/soundtraxx/tsunami.htm

Al;so cut any caps on the PC board. They will be labeled C1, C2.

Rich

rmoench

Thanks so much fellows.  The key press sequence was the key.
Randy
The O&R Railroad
Operating N, HO, On30

Royce Wilson

rmoench

Someone posted great instructions on the key press sequence for the DCC command center and know that post disappeared.  I came back to print that out or makes notes in my manual.  Could that be reposted again please?
Randy
The O&R Railroad
Operating N, HO, On30