News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

atlas tool co.

Started by traingirl, August 11, 2007, 08:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traingirl

Hi, I have two engins fron the 70's and 80' one is the Chessie System C&O 7071 and the other is the Reading Steam 2019, both N scale. Cannot find any info on these, I forgot I had them, they were a gift to me 23 years ago and I found them in a box yesterday. Can anyone help?

Paul M.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

alister

Try Spookshow's N scale encyclopaedia

http://www.visi.com/~spookshow/locos.html

Have fun searching ;D

traingirl

Google, yes but they only have the newer versions fron the late 90's and I am thinking about going to a hobby shop and just getting the parts to start a train around my living room! All the parts move and they have the origional boxes, I just need oil, track and a few cows to run over and I am set I am currently looking in the n scale encyclopedia for them-thanks!! 

Craig

QuoteI just need oil, track and a few cows to run over

:~) That's funny.

traingirl

I was so big into trains when I was younger I just forgot how much fun they are. I am a bit afraid to play with these considering their age, do you guys collect or use them too?

JerryB

With very few exceptions, mass produced plastic model trains such as Bachmann and Atlas really don't have significant collector value. Reasons being the obvious one of being mass produced, and secondly the fact that the construction and quality have gotten much better over the years.

Take an engine that sold for less than $25 years ago and compare the detail and running quality with one costing something less than $100 today and you will see a huge difference. Many times the older ones are sold by the lot at yard sales for practically nothing. BTW, one place to check the value of trains similar to yours is on ebay. The prices paid there are indicative of the highest price folks will pay.

Get those trains out and play with them as they were designed to do!!

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

pdlethbridge

As they are older, remember they are not going to run as well as those produced today. As you are a lover of the hobby, give yourself a treat and pick up  a Bachmann spectrum engine. And then you'll really enjoy the hobby. The engines, both steam and diesel, run so much smoother today

SteamGene

If you do run them, you will need to clean and lube them prior to running.  OTOH, I agree, today's power is so much better that you should check into a new locomotive.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

traingirl

Hey guys, I paid 2.57 each for them and they are between 195 and 200 now. I am going to the model shop the owner is going to clean and oil them for free and test them on his track. If all goes well I am going to spend as much money as I can hide from my boyfriend and build a really cool track and play.

pdlethbridge

traingirl

FIXED INCOME!!!!

Everyone has something they want to look at, trains for me, the other for boys! Money spent is money earned boys-take it use it and have fun! Speaking as a woman, ladies I will not allow (my)money to be hidden from me unless I push the issue, I am 4 months preggers and at 35 am happy my man has a hobby! I have money too. Give him the time and space he needs, keep the money close, and I promise he will do great things to and for you!!!

pdlethbridge

Model railroading is fun.......FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!