Will the Trucks for the 18' Cars be Available Separately?

Started by Pete Steinmetz, March 16, 2013, 12:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Steinmetz

I finally saw some of the 18' cars on a layout last night.  They look great. 

I really like the trucks and would like to use them on other cars.

Will they be available separately?

Pete Steinmetz

railtwister

Quote from: Pete Steinmetz on March 16, 2013, 12:18:43 PM
I finally saw some of the 18' cars on a layout last night.  They look great. 

I really like the trucks and would like to use them on other cars.

Will they be available separately?

Pete Steinmetz

Hi Pete,

From the photos, I thought the trucks used on the 18 footers were the same as the trucks used on the log cars, pulpwood cars, and camp cars (the low frame arch bars part #29904), which have been available in the past, but currently seem to be out of stock.

However, I haven't seen any first hand, so I could be mistaken...

Bill in FtL

Pete Steinmetz

I asked this question on the Bachmann Forum figuring I would get an answer from somebody that works for Bachmann. 

Yes, No, Maybe?

Pete Steinmetz

Bucksco

There are no plans to sell these items seperately at this time. They will most likely appear in the parts department at some point.

railtwister

Mr.  Yardmaster,

Then are you saying the trucks used on the 18 footers are different than those on the log cars (Bachmann part #29904). In the photos they look the same, though it is hard to see for sure.

Or are the trucks the same as the #29904, and Bachmann has no plans to restock those?

Please answer simply and directly, so that we don't have to try to read between the lines.

Thanks!
Bill in FtL

Bucksco

They may be the same. Not really sure. Might be a question better answered by the Bach man since he is an On30 modeler. I was answering in general terms since we usually place spare parts in the online parts store.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The trucks are the low frame archbars, Item no. 29904.
The difference is that on the 18' cars they have inside brake shoes which, along with the underbody brake detail, I'd like to see available separately.  Working on it...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

railtwister

Thanks to you both for the answer. I agree, brake parts would be nice to be able to buy as accessory parts. I have many cars that I converted to the 29904 trucks to better resemble the Maine 2 footers, and run them with my Forney locos. It would be nice to be able to add details to them.

I have an early Bachmann On30 car which came with no brake cylinder detail, so I upgraded it with a replacement underframe, and then used the old frame along with a Walthers track cleaner car's pad to make an On30 track cleaning car (that's another item I'd like to see made).

Bill in FtL

Pete Steinmetz

I hope they will be available soon along with the 29904.  I have a bunch of after market freight cars where I want to use the trucks.

Pete Steinmetz