News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NS engine will not move

Started by Retired Hogger, January 09, 2014, 10:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retired Hogger

The NS covered wagon was purchased for Xmas 2013. It worked fine going in both directions.But now the engine will not move in any direction. The can be heard running inside engine body but wheels don't turn. Is there fixable soluntion on a hardly used engine?

jonathan

Do you hear the motoring turning or humming?

There is a chance you have accidently switched the track wires to the accesory poles on your power pack.  The motor will humm, the lights will come on, but no movement.

This can burn out the locomotive's motor if you try it too much.

Regards,

Jonathan

Retired Hogger

I can loudly hear the motor turning . It doesn't sound like it is humming. It appears to almost shake the engine in forward or reverse direction.  It was working fine just a few seconds prior to this . 

jbrock27

Hoggy, do you have the ability to take the shell off the loco and then run it to obseve what is happening inside?
Keep Calm and Carry On

MarkInLA

Sorry if too late or not the problem but, my HO RS3 gets stuck with motor humming and wheels spinning. Now I'm on to it. The speaker in bottom (magnetic) collects loose spikes in the grill which wind up vertical in holes and snag track parts, switch frogs, et al. I was freaking out til I caught this . Now I immediately recognize it , lift her up and pull em out !!!

Doneldon

Hogger-

I hope the errant spikes are the problem as that's an easy fix. If that's not the problem there is a possibility
that a gear has cracked. You can tell if you open the loco or just check to see if any of your wheels turn with
slight finger pressure. (DON'T use force.) If that turns out to be the case, return the loco to Bachmann service
for repair or replacement.
                                           -- D