News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Locomotive for Polar Express

Started by phillfam10, January 21, 2008, 12:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrew

Ok, I saw one of these not used on ebay.  This is a great train. Its my first Bachmann Big Hauler 4-6-0.  Where is the smoke switch located?  It says in the front behind the smoke door?  The front does not open..or seems it wants to.

Anyway, this train comes with 2 figures, a bell, and 2 light up cars.  My kids love it says Polar Express.   

jbrew

I found it, however there is no top switch??  What does that mean.  There is only the on/off smoke switch.

Loco Bill Canelos

You found it. turn it on for smoke and keep it off without smoke fluid or it will burn out.  If you need more instructions here is a link to the instruction manual. 

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/Big_Hauler_Instructions.pdf
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Joe Zullo

Quote from: jbrew on December 27, 2012, 05:12:39 PM
I found it, however there is no top switch??  What does that mean.  There is only the on/off smoke switch.

I have a 4-6-0 without the top switch too. The slot was put there for a direction switch.  All it means is that it our locos were manufactured before Bachmann started to install the direction switch but after the mold for the smokebox front was modified. I installed an on/off switch in that slot.