News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

on 30 porter

Started by livesteam, December 09, 2012, 01:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

livesteam

I would ask bachman to come up with a better way for power pick up for your new version of the 0-4-2 t on 30 porter.
My  locomotive hesitates/stops/jerks/ when moving so I have had to eliminate the pick ups on the locomotive and make a power pick-up car for better electric continuity. ethier that that I am happy with your products.

Mike Hansen ???

2foot6

DITTO  I'M ALSO HAVING PROBLEMS,ESPECIALLY ON TURN OUTS,I HAVE REWORKED THE PICK UP SYSTEM TO SOMETHING THAT WORKS

fm_tx

What did you change to get it to work?  Mine (a 0-4-0) either works or it just continuously resets the decoder.  I can run it for hours on test rollers without a hesitation, but on real track, it just starts & stops...not even an eighth of a turn of the wheels.  When I'm lucky, it will run for a bit, then get to where it just keeps resetting.

Paul

richg

Quote from: fm_tx on January 03, 2013, 05:17:54 PM
What did you change to get it to work?  Mine (a 0-4-0) either works or it just continuously resets the decoder.  I can run it for hours on test rollers without a hesitation, but on real track, it just starts & stops...not even an eighth of a turn of the wheels.  When I'm lucky, it will run for a bit, then get to where it just keeps resetting.

Paul

That tells me you have dirty track. Do a cleaning, not looks clean but you actually did something.
I have run a DCC loco on rollers and it just kept running with no stopping.

Rich