Lil Big Hauler Combine Car Into Railbus Bash

Started by vic, January 02, 2013, 11:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vic

Lil Big Hauler Combine Car Into Railbus Bash

As part of the ongoing evolution of my roster I have been trying to find ways to upgrade older models that for what ever reason just never worked as well as I would have liked. With the main layout becoming a harbor transfer layout, I have pieces that are now extraneous without any place on either the harbor layout or are too big for the pizza. This was one of them, a railtruck bashed from HLW parts and a NWSL Magic Carpet drive:

Its track powered but it was too long for the Pizza but there is no place for it on the Harbor layout, so its has lingered in limbo as to what should become of it. I wanted a passenger railbus but it had to fit the 32" diameter pizza. From the first moment I saw the new Lil Big Hauler lineup I was certain the combine car would make just such a nifty railbus and, come a lucky bid on a brand new Lil Big Hauler passenger train set on Evilbay and low and behold I had the perfect base for bashing me a new railbus. I started by carefully cutting up one end and re-positioning the two end walls.

BTW Pollyscale DRGW Yellow is almost an exact match for the Bmann plastic color, still searching for a few finishing touches but its 99% there.

PS Attn Bachmann, I was requested to post this here so as to suggest that this might make the basis for a future LBH release, based on merging the LBH Combine and the Spectrum Railbus. It would be a fairly straight forward thing but that's up to you guys, I got mine  ;)

the Bach-man

Dear Vic,
That looks super!
Nice work!
Happy New Year!
the Bach-man

Loco Bill Canelos

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

smcgill