News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A feel good storey

Started by pjf, January 02, 2013, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjf

Few days before Christmas my recently purchased Dynamis stopped working.
Before panic set in I realized that I kept my EZ Command and the trains will run around the Christmas tree.
I promptly phoned Bachmann tech support. I had a live person on the phone and within minutes my problem was looked after and a warranty replacement was scheduled. Now try that with a company whose tech support is offshore.
I think Bachmann's products and after sales service are second to none.
Never a disappointment, always a pleasant experience. My replacement arrived today. About 2 weeks with two holydays and cross border shipping included.
I just wanted everyone to know. pjf
Peter

Trainz

Ugh.. What happened to your Dynamis if I may ask?  I just started using mine... the battery covers really worry me. 

utdave

Trainz       yes be careful  with the battery covers   i whish they would slide to the outside verses pushing in and trying to lift .  i have both sides broken on one after a year use .   i rubber band it togather.     heres another tip on your handsets   get a extra.   have both on and one just sitting there sending signals  and set your time up for longer incase you loose signal.         i do like the big read out  and how to switch locos and speed control and the F keys.   i have run up to 10 trains at one time with sounds  and you really had to stay focused but the ease of going to loco to loco was not to bad  i dont have more than 20 on my roster       the batteries seem to last for a long time  just remember to shut it off when done.  i do have the pro hooked up with a 5 amp booster and 4 IR recievers.   my biggist promblem is getting signal at some spots it just wont get any  and  plan on something to change that and post it when i get one.         i do have 4 or 5 trains running with some that have 30 cars  down to 12 cars on  show us your xmas layout that was posted a couple weeks ago.       i need to do another one showing my steamers and xmas lighted buildings and a 7 inch xmas tree with lighted LED's.  some use big trees  and a circle track  i use layout  then plot the tree where ever. 
theres some real nice layouts also .  someday when i get into my next  home i will do more permantly type in case im in a wheelchair   with areas that i can  do easy changes.       

pjf

The sending unit stopped working. I was using it and turned it off for a moment. I turned it on again but failed to turn on. No display, completely dead. Changed to new batteries did not help. Other than changing batteries nothing else can be done.
I have no issues with the battery lids. You need to catch the front lip before pushing it down to close . pjf
Peter

pjf

Quote from: utdave on January 03, 2013, 04:01:27 AM
     heres another tip on your handsets   get a extra.   have both on and one just sitting there sending signals       
I have checked with Tech Support and as I understand it the dynamis base and handset are paired. The base only receives data from one unit  and only from the one that came in the set. Let us know if you are using more than one handset and how. pjf
Peter

utdave

how this works with handsets    you can have multi  handsets for different operators   i use a dead man and it just on  which when the system looks for it at least it sees one handset and will not do a shut down .     the handset recieves as well as sends.    i do recomend a second one just as a insurance policy  if one goes out for any reason you can still injoy your layout.    if you change your speed  the handset will send new info to station then station sends info back which changes each handset .  in there pamplet it says you can use up to  4 or 5 handsets.   if you have to sets the same like a train show  you can change settings with switches  so you dont send info to others layouts.     i have 4 handsets  and had all of them on. 

Trainz

Thanks guys!  Hope your new one functions as it should.  I am slready having issues with my new Dynamis not connecting with the plug very well.  If I jiggle it and hold my left ear just right it works well.