News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Systems

Started by railroadfun, January 03, 2013, 04:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railroadfun

can you run decoder equipped turnouts with the bachman ez command control center?
BRETT

Jerrys HO

RRF

Yes it can operate DCC equipped turnouts. I have one crossover that is DCC and all the rest operated off of an old power pack. I prefer operating the turnouts through the power pack than DCC. TOO many buttons to remember.

Jerry

railroadfun

Would Any One Reccomend Bachman Ez Command Or The Bachman Ez Command dynamis?
I Just Give Me Your Opinion About One Over The Other?
BRETT

railroadfun

will the dynamis run analog locos?
BRETT

richg

Quote from: railroadfun on January 03, 2013, 08:44:38 PM
will the dynamis run analog locos?

No. Read the manuals. The manuals are in this Bachmann site.

Rich

railroadfun

For Two Locos running on a (4x8) two mainline with four turnouts conecting them at two points is the dynamis really better then the ez command or would you recommend getting the dynamis now because in years to come im surely thinking on expanding
BRETT

railroadfun

Forget the last ? haha
I Would Like to Know Can you program cv`s with the ez command
BRETT

Doneldon

RRfun-

No, the EZ Command does not program CVs, other than cab number (sort of) and which end is the front. Throw in the low power of the EZCom and it becomes hard to recommend, especially for someone who plans to expand.

The Dynamis is worth looking at, together with intro systems from other manufacturers. Do note that, while decoders and most boosters are interchangable, your throttles must be from the same manufacturer as your command station.

I think that the EZ Command and MRC DCC systems are the only ones which operate DC locos. I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken about
that. This isn't necessarily a huge advantage, however, as you need to be very careful when running DC equipment on DCC or you'll fry it.

-- D

railroadfun

Does anyone know of a place where i could learn all i possibly can about the dynamis before acctualy buying it.
Through video or maybe even reading.
BRETT

TimR

The manual is right here on this website and is your best place to start.

Also, Bachmann UK has a 4 or 5 part video on YouTube, starting with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqW8J6ecoyk&sns=em

I can't imagine you would need anything beyond those two resources.

railroadfun

I read the manual bout 30 mins ago and and watched the vids earlyer today cuz i happend to find them and those two recourses gave me all the info i need i will be buying this system in a few days
BRETT

railroadfun

With the dynamis can you create consits without the pro box?
BRETT

Jerrys HO

Stephen D. Richards

railroadfun,
          yes, you can create consist without the Por Box.  Stephen

railroadfun

With the dynamis can you program cv`s without the pro box
BRETT