DCC turnout not working. Help!

Started by Loconik, December 29, 2012, 02:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loconik

Bought a HO DCC #6 left turnout and I am getting a short. Can't figure out how to make it work  ???

Trainz

I feel your pain.  Ive purchased to boxes of track and none of my locos will make it through these turnouts consistantly, either derailing or shorting out. 

Something isnt right here. 

Dani2006

I need help too!!
I changed all my regular Bachmann turnouts for DCC turnouts, and now, my track is not working.
There's no instructions to avoid short circuit using these turnouts.
Bachmann, how can we solve this problem?

Loconik

I am using Digitrax DCC controller
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/931-890

so i am not sure if that is where the problem is?

But when I use a multimeter on the de-energized turnout with the leads on track a and b I am getting a short circuit throughout before and after  the frog.  ???

Jerrys HO

nik

Check and make sure when you put the turnout in that you did not push one of the rails into the frog. There should be a space between each rail leading to the frog. Took me a while to figure out why mine was shorting too and that is what I found. If they are touching push the rail back a little.

Jerry

Loconik

ok that was the problem. The rail was pushed into the frog on both sides. The good thing is that it's not shorting out anymore.
The bad thing is I have WTL 12 digitrax controller and cannot find a way to program the turnout.  ::) I pressed the button on the turnout to go to program mode but i cannot find a way to set the address for the turnout on the WTL12. ???