where to find the pins that hold the arms on a bachmann big hauler 4-6-0

Started by jhill, December 28, 2012, 08:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhill

Hi everyone this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone knows where i can find the pins that hold the arms to the wheels on my g g scale 4-6-0  i lost one. Im sorry i dont know the real names of the parts yet. I just bought this set from ebay and it was broken.  I did get a refund of half  but i want to try to fix it thx.

Loco Bill Canelos

Try giving the parts dept a call.  Be advised that this is the absolute busiest time of the year and you may have to be patient in getting a reply.

Bachmann's Service Department is available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm (All Times Eastern). Customer Service for all scales can be reached toll free by US and Canadian customers at 800-356-3910 or Fax at 215-554-6734. Customers from all other countries should call [Exit Code]-1-215-533-1600. Please be aware that due to the quantity of calls we receive each day, you may need to leave a message on our voice mail system. Your call will be returned as soon as a service technician is available. We thank you in advance for your patience.

Parts: Ext. 328 or 329

If I had a spare I would sent it to you, but my parts bin doesn't have one.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

jhill

Thanks for the reply. I think im going to order a new chassis.  Im having trouble my train is the rocky mountain express # 90034 . I cant find that chassis # . Will anyother chassis # work. They have a #90035. Any help would be great thanks.

Barry BBT

jhill,

It sounds like you need the plastic push pins that hold the siderods to the wheel's rod post.  Little gray affairs that simply push into the post on the wheel. 

If that is correct, it happens all of the time, I have a few hundred of them and can send some to you.

Barry Olsen
barrysbigtrains@live.com
6822 W. Villa St.
Phoenix, AZ 85043
623-936-6088
There are no dumb questions.

Loco Bill Canelos

Well there you go Barry has what you need!!   If you are determined to get a new chassis $30 is a darn good price.  The only difference between the 90035 and 90034 is that the 90035 has all black steam chests instead of the blue and black on your 90034.  It will fit perfectly!

Good luck which ever way you go!

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Barry BBT

Jhill,

Sorry, but my email and gmail are both trashed from a utility to "correct my problems".

Call if you can.  All I need is your address.

Barry

Barry BBT

jhill,

Email is back up and working.

www.barrysbigtrains@live.com

Barry