Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

engine and tender wire??

Started by union pacific 844, January 10, 2013, 12:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

union pacific 844

what can  use to Connect 6 six wires in between a engine and tender

Barney R

Are you looking for a harness that will allow you to disconnect the tender from the engine periodically?

union pacific 844

1 want a harness that will allow me to disconnect the tender from the engine any time i need to

Barney R

I have used TCS #1309 (JST6 inline connector) when I have converted older DC steam engines to DCC. I believe it will do exactly what you are looking for.
Barney

utdave

they have them in there in  parts on this site    i bought a couple sets.   then you can mix your tenders with  almost any bachmann  steam   i know one they wire  from engine to tender with wired  the decapod.   most are tender to engine.    just click on any dcc steam you will find them .

Dave

richg

No idea if anyone has run into this. The USRA medium tender has two receptacles on it. My low driver 4-66-0 has two receptacles on it. I had to the two adapters that came with the tender. All three functions where reversed by the jumpers. That would result in the two wires for the headlight reversed. Two wires for the motor reversed. Two wires for the driver pickups reversed. That last one shorted out the system. I had to rewire the tender.
I could have bought the two plugs that are wired but the tender would have had the two receptacles in plain sight.

Rich