News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Turnouts?

Started by johnpr3, January 08, 2013, 02:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

...and I am fortunate, don't have to contend with a GM.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Thank you Joe for the tip on Menards.  Unfortunately, in my part of the country, Menards does not exist.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

D-I was going to buy one of those H.F. Dremel knock offs, but then read the on line reviews of them and decided against it.  I am glad I did.
Thank you very much for the tips on the board set up.  The things we learn over time.  The particle board was never my call, and back then, I knew less than I even know now.   ;)
This past year when we added the 4 x 4 plywood sheet, we did it right.  Using the 1 x 3s you mentioned for bracing and frame and 2 x 4s for legs.
We went with 1/2" plywood-much, much better than the particle board.  Of course, back then, I was just happy to have a 4 x 8 space to work with!!
Keep Calm and Carry On

Doneldon

jb-

Oh, yes. You have to move. How else are you going to have a layout?

-- D

jbrock27

Now I get it-pretty funny! LOL
I like exactly where I am and where the layout currently is thank you.  I like my home and the spot itself.
Maybe someday that will change and me and the layout will be in the same location.
Keep Calm and Carry On