News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams by Bachmann Alcos

Started by Cobrabob8, February 23, 2013, 09:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobrabob8

Mr. Bach-mann,
   Since the EMD GP-30 is a run away smash hit met with rave reviews (most recent issue of O Gauge Railroading), can we expect other new locomotives of the same quality from Williams by Bachmann? I personally would like to see some Alco units. Perhaps an RS3 or RS11? I would eagerly pick up some of those if they were of the same quality as the new GP-30. I plan on ordering a New York Central GP-30 in the next couple of months when my hours pick up at work. From all that I have heard, you guys hit a grand slam! :o
Cobrabob.

Is anyone else interested in a Williams by Bachmann Alco RS3 or RS11? Even an RS1 would be awseome!! Please feel free to pile on!  ;)

"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

wmwalker

Cobrabob8
I am in on RS3 or 11. Just love those style engines. I have gotten on board with Williams engines. I have 4 now and 2 more on the way and then I am getting ACL GP30. A friend of mine just got the ACL GP30 and WOW it is great.
Thanks
Wyatt

stationmaster12

GP 30's are cool, but I like contemporary power. I'd love to see WBB retool their Dash 9's or even do SD40-2, GP40-2. And it would be great to make them DCC ready! I know DCC is not popular with O gauge train operators ,but I think it will catch on fast. I have an MTH railking set that I can run with DCC (which I do) because I have an older Digitrax Zephyr and I love it. Id' love to have muti-train train control at a fraction of the cost of most command control systems for O gauge out right now. And it all be compatible with NMRA standards. I know it's a lot, but a man can dream. And I think hat WBB using Soundtraxx sound boards DCC compatibility is just around the bend!!!
Keep God first in all that you do.