News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2013 Passenger cars

Started by M1FredQ, January 10, 2013, 10:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1FredQ

Found out the 60' Madison cars of Pennsylvania and Pullman are out of stock and

no one knows if WBB is still producing them. 

Is it true or what ? As no one has them in stock.

Maybe 3 rail can clue us in.

Those 2 sets are the backbone sets(in my opinion) of a steamer passenger set

on a layout not to mention they look really cool.

phillyreading

Have you tried Western Depot dot com? He stocks a lot of older Williams stuff.
The other one for more modern Williams is Trainworld dot com.
If neither of those two have it then it is either out of stock or on back order.

There are some passenger cars for certain railroads that Williams has not made in close to five years, I would like to see a set of Reading Company passenger cars.

Lee F.

Try Mario's trains. He has an on line site with some good prices and stock.

M1FredQ

Thanks I checked out the suggested sites!!!!

Trainworld is sold out of a lot of stock with no more stuff coming in.

They said there was a big run on train stuff this last year and now!!!!!!!!

The other 2 are really nice sites!!

Thanks everyone for the info!!!!!!!!!!

M1FredQ,

Try Amazon.com. I just bought an F3 A-A New York Central brand new for $189.20 free shipping.

M1FredQ

Saw some great stuff on Amazon.

I have noticed that if you are patient Trainworld has occasional sales that are

extraordinary!!!!!!!!!!!

M1FredQ

The package arrived from Trainworl with the NYC Madison cars and ACL Aluminum 60

footers.
Probably won't get around to opening it till Wednesday!!!

M1FredQ

Sorry guys

Found out my son has 2 big exams today and Friday -tomorrow so my wife and I used the unopened packages as a motivational tool to get him to shoot for A's on his exams.

We were up till about 10:30 last night that's how motivated he his to get the grades.

So I'll open the boxes on Saturday then post.
I have a couple of other surprises too

Stay posted.

Thanks

M1FredQ

Well Joey Aced his exams and as promised opened one of the boxes: the NYC-New York Central" Madison Passenger Cars.

The photos in the catalog do not do proper justice to the Bachmann products. In my opinion these are really nice and well done Madison Cars. I don't know why I waited so long to take the plunge.

The quality of the construction, the attention to detail and the color scheme itself are all   "5" Star. I like the thoughtful ness of the packaging WBBB uses.

I have found if I use a "Chop Stick" or wood Popsicle stick to gently pull up to open the container housing the units I will not accidentally tear the flap. The enginering of the Styrofoam holding the unit is well thought out. There are depressed ends so that you can easily grasp the Styrofoam unit and pull it out of the box without damaging the box. There are now holes on the back side of the Styrofoam where the unit sits inside so that one can carefully and gently push the unit to release it from the Styrofoam package. The plastic sheets  which the unit sits in help reduce the friction so that the unit is easily released from the Styrofoam. The Passenger cars look really nice with enough detail to be really impressive and they do look good on the track.

My son was impatient and it was a little late last night so I didn't oil the trucks I just hooked everything up to my Dad's old 1950's Hudson and the Williams NYC Tender I picked up a few months ago and let Joey run them around the layout for about a half hour. It looks really cool. Those dull green colors on the NYC are really nice.

If you are half thinking about buying the WBB Madison cars "Just Do It" I really regret waiting so long because I also wanted the Pennsylvania ones too but they are all sold out !! Trainworld still has the NYC and some other road names left I would jump on it. I have the B&O and Southern also ALL are outstanding.

Next will be the opening of the Atlantic Coast Line 60" Aluminum Passenger cars.

Bottom line right out of the box  the WBB stuff works well!!!!!

We had a great time and my son learned a "Navy Seal Lesson" "It pays to be a winner"!!!!!! He had a great time so did Dad!!!!!!

M1FredQ

Question

While finally getting around to oil the NYC Madison Passenger cars I noticed a label under the baggage car that read "Railsounds" anyone know anything about this and how do I activate it??

I run the layout on 2 Lionel CW-80's and a 1950's ZW. I do eventually intend to get a WBB transformer.

Thanks in advance

Hi M1FredQ,

I think that is a tag from when Williams by Bachmann was originally Williams. I have that tag on all of my four 60' Madison sets. I believe it states that it is wired or ready for the station sounds. It does not have the sound electronics within the baggage car. That must have been a add on that you could buy in the past.
                 Maybe someone else on the site would have a better answer.

Well we are suppose to have a Blizzard here on Long Island starting tomorrow. I had plans of going to the Greenberg Train Show Saturday at Queens College. I guess that will not happen. Oh well I guess I will stay home and play with my trains.
                             Good luck and have lots of fun with your new equipment.

r0gruth

I also have some of the older Williams cars with "Railsounds" marked on them.

A long time Williams dealer that I know says that to his knowledge the railsounds were never used.
Roger

M1FredQ

Just saw the news on Weather Channel

WOW

Just make sure you have plenty of smoke solution because they are saying this is gonna be a BIG one like 1979!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be a perfect time to get that extra work done on the layout!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have plenty of Bourbon and Hot chocolate on hand and you'll be fine

Take care

TrainmanGene

The Madison cars are good sellers and i'm sure they wont quit making them.  I wish they would make 1890-1900 era passenger cars to go with the 4-6-0
Sueme Valley System

M1FredQ

I love that era too.

If they do that my credit card is going to melt!!!!