News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Steam Tender Sound

Started by Speedbrake, January 11, 2013, 01:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedbrake

Has Bachmann ever considered creating a line of Spectrum steam locomotive tenders with a Tsunami decoder and speaker already installed? I have several Spectrum locomotives that I purchased that could benefit from the great Tsunami sound and it would be very easy to switch out a plug-in tender.

I realize that you currently produce Tsunami decoder sound locomotives now so I can't invision it would be a big jump to create replacement "sound" tenders for 4-6-0s (high and low tender), 2-8-0s, etc.

richg

An issue would be the sounds. Different locos have different chuff sounds, steam whistles, etc. To keep cost low, that is why the present on board sounds have limited sound options.
You cannot upload your own sounds to the Tsunami like you can with a couple other decoder companies. For those companies, you have to buy their programmer to upload sounds. Increased cost. Bachmann is trying to keep cost down for those with limited funds and it works for Bachmann.
Also, there are different connector options for the loco and tenders. Some have the two connectors on the tender with wire leads. Some locos have the connector with wire leads on the loco.
Bachmann seems to have something good going with the Sound Value line. Some rivet counters don't care for that new line.
Take time to look at all the different sounds at the SoundTraxx site.

Rich