Big "E" train show / Amherst Railway Society,s show!

Started by smcgill, January 14, 2013, 08:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smcgill

My Bachmann
Will we be seeing you on the 26th & 27th of January in Springfield?
Sounds like Stan will be there!
Hope to see you Sat. the 26th.
Sean

P.S. bring George!  ;D

http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/

paultorrey

Sean,

I visited the website for the show and Bachmann does show as an Exhibitor. 

Paul Torrey

richg

I have seen the Bach Man there before. I have been going to the show since the 1980's since I live nearby. The Bach Man does not live very far from the show either.

Rich

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi all,

Saw him Saturday in St. Louis and he said he would be in Springfield. The St Louis show was a mob scene very heavy traffic in the booth all day Saturday definitely a lot of train interest. It was good to see all the people!!

Have fun in Springfield!!!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Bucksco

the Bach-man

Hey, Sean!
We'll be there, and so will George.
Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects!
And it was great to see Bill at the WGH in St. Louis!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Dave

jbrock27

Richg-I used to work in Springfield and do not live very far from the Big E either.
Never been to the show, but was planning on taking my son to it so we can both go bonkers!
Keep Calm and Carry On

Loco Bill Canelos

Yardmaster, 

It was a great day in St Louis, I had a ball, and so much enjoyed the chance to visit with you and and the Bachmann Team, What a great display!!  and the Bachmann Theater was a hit too!! 

Hope to see you again soon!

Bach man, wish I could be in Springfield to meet George.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

richg

Quote from: jbrock27 on January 15, 2013, 09:25:45 AM
Richg-I used to work in Springfield and do not live very far from the Big E either.
Never been to the show, but was planning on taking my son to it so we can both go bonkers!

You will go bonkers. lol
I use to help a friend who buys and sells there.

Just in case you do not have the site, here is the website. You can download and print out the building layouts and vendor list. Sure helps to plan ahead. Once in a while a location may change at the last minute but there are plenty of volunteers to help out.

http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/

Rich

jbrock27

Thanks Rich I'll check it out.
And good call on the K & S and hobby shop tip.  I called my LHS an indeed they do carry the stuff, supplied by K & S!
Thanks again.
Keep Calm and Carry On

richg

Quote from: jbrock27 on January 15, 2013, 03:17:27 PM
Thanks Rich I'll check it out.
And good call on the K & S and hobby shop tip.  I called my LHS an indeed they do carry the stuff, supplied by K & S!
Thanks again.

Forgot to mention. My LHS in town is a Local Hardware Store that sells K&S and all the Dremel stuff.
Pioneer Valley Hobby in West Springfield, also sells the stuff but about fifteen miles away.

Rich

jbrock27

I have heard of or read about Pioneer Valley at one time.  It is off of Route 20?
Keep Calm and Carry On

richg

Quote from: jbrock27 on January 15, 2013, 04:24:27 PM
I have heard of or read about Pioneer Valley at one time.  It is off of Route 20?

I believe you are thinking  of Pioneer Valley Railroad in Westfield. Still there.

Pioneer Valley Hobby is right off of Rt 5 at the Pizza Hut in West Springfield. Came out of Northampton many years ago.  Use to Be Child's Hobby.

Do a Google search for both.

Rich

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On