News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GP7

Started by bapguy, January 15, 2013, 02:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bapguy

I got one of the new GP7's from my LHS last week and put in a Soundtraxx sound decoder in it( part # 828020). This is the board style with built in keep a live caps. I took off the top part of the frame and milled out a slot for the caps to fit into since the board had to be mounted upside down. I replaced the LED's with golden white ones since the ones that came with the engine were orange. I put a 1" speaker in the fuel tank opening(thanks Bachmann for this feature). The engine runs and sounds great.  Joe   

richg

Quote from: bapguy on January 15, 2013, 02:35:44 PM
I got one of the new GP7's from my LHS last week and put in a Soundtraxx sound decoder in it( part # 828020). This is the board style with built in keep a live caps. I took off the top part of the frame and milled out a slot for the caps to fit into since the board had to be mounted upside down. I replaced the LED's with golden white ones since the ones that came with the engine were orange. I put a 1" speaker in the fuel tank opening(thanks Bachmann for this feature). The engine runs and sounds great.  Joe   

Got pictures? It would help newbies a lot. Many cannot visualize exactly what you did. I have seen questions here and other forums about sound in this loco.

Rich

bapguy

I try and get some asap.  Joe

richg

Quote from: bapguy on January 15, 2013, 03:24:26 PM
I try and get some asap.  Joe

That would be a great advantage to some here.

Rich

Jerrys HO

Joe
I would love to see the gp with sound. As Rich said it would help some of us.

Jerry