News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Customer Service

Started by LVRR, January 17, 2013, 10:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVRR

Alright, I surrender. I admit I purchased a EZ DCC, I read the instructions many times, I made an effort to learn more about the product, and after a years use I made a mistake and fried the unit.

And I did contact the company to see if it was feasible to have the unit repaired.  After waiting patiently for 10 days I have yet to hear from the them.

Yesterday I had the need to contact another model train manufacturer and a model railroad electronic control manufacturer for customer service.  The train manufacturer returned my call the next day, the electronics company answered the phone directly and they only had to transfer my call once. In both cases my questions were answered and the parts I needed were provided at no cost.

So I know good customer service is possible. I also know that the best warranty is worthless if you cannot communicate with the company.

Steve

Doneldon

Quote from: ChrisS on January 23, 2013, 10:40:57 PM
If you're so busy this time of year from the holiday purchases and repair issues, how about delaying your 3 week inventory that adds to your issue of responding to customer and answering the phone?

Chris-

It may not be as easy as doing the inventory at a different time of year. Like most of us, Bachmann almost certainly has a fiscal year
which corresponds to the calendar year. That means that inventory time is right around January first. Could this be changed? Sure.
But changing someone's or a company's tax year is a very complicated endeavor. I'm not surprised that Bachmann has not chosen
to do this, given the hassle involved. Think about it for a moment. The people at Bachmann aren't idiots. They know when they are
busiest and when inventory comes around. Don't you think they have already considered a change and rejected the idea?

-- D

jbrock27

I think the whole point here is a complaint about the lack of communication on Bachmann's part.  Which LVRR has a right to be upset over.  The whole warranty matter is a completely separate issue, whether it gets fixed in the end or not, is secondary.  But at the very least, LVRR is entitled to receive communication, returned calls, returned email, back from Bachmann.
And before the wrong impression/assumption is made, the single time I needed to contact Bachmann over a missing piece from a coaling station model kit, they were very good about taking care of it and within what I would consider a reasonable time frame. 
Keep Calm and Carry On

Bucksco

Your concerns are noted. This thread has run it's course.