News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reissue Spectrum 4-6-0s???

Started by Speedbrake, January 15, 2013, 12:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedbrake

Has Bachmann any plans for another run of the Spectrum HO-standard 4-6-0s high and low boiler with factory sound installed?
If so, is there a specific date?

I wound surely purchase a couple.

Sunshine Express

I agree,the Spectrum 4-6-0 with DCC and Sound is a fine loco.Just a comment,not a criticism,but it is the only steam loco that touches the side of my  side mounted Peco Turnout Motors ,coming out of small radius sidings.I watched this closely,and it is the very wide pilot. My layout is only 10x5,"Flatsville USA"rural town.
I found enough play in the turnout to ease it back just enough to clear this little fella,s pilot.
Heritage 0-6-0,Roundhouse 2-6-0,Spectrum 4-4-0,no problem on these tight places.
Old age forced me to use these easy to install turnout motors,which are not as robust as the original ones fixed under the table or hidden in small sheds.
Another good feature of this 4-6-0,is that it seems to ride smoothly over less than perfect track ,and does not derail easily. We all try to keep everything A1,but at 82, I am getting to love the simple "New Generation"of Sound DCC types ,Steam and Diesel. For instance my new Alco S4 Switcher,a real go anywhere into small places.
Yes Mr.B. although I have downsized,I think I would be able to sneak another 4-6-0 Spectrum into the roster ?
Owen
Owen C Robinson

electrical whiz kid

I could be moved to buy a couple of high-boilered  2-6-0s, especilly with sound.  Ho bout it , there, Bach-man?  Want to toss your lantern into the ring?
Rich C.

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

I have one with factory installed DCC Sound and love it. I would get another one or two if they were re-released in other roadnames and configurations.

electrical whiz kid

I am curious about something:  How easy is it to convert a low-boilered ten-wheeler using-say-the old Patco lowering kits in reverse?
Rich C.

Searsport

I would welcome reissue of the unlettered high-boiler 4-6-0 with DCC & Sound, or even better, dressed up as a Western Maryland class G-7 4-6-0, with the Decapod type tender, not the USRA medium coal.  The G-7 cannot be too dissimilar from the Spectrum Baldwin, as they were built by Burnham Williams in 1906-7 and had 64" drivers.

TIA,
Bill.