News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Under table wiring

Started by Edward, September 16, 2007, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward

I do my wiring under the layout, Bachmann switches have all three wires green coated, how doI tell one from the other while under the table?
Color coding sure would help.

anoldrail

Edward
I am not familiar with Bachmann switches, so forgive this rather dumb question.  How would you be able to tell the wiring if it was on top of the layout?  The answer to your question lies in the answer to mine.  If you know where each wire goes if on top of the layout, then mark it with a shapie of different colors.  Once underneath, you should know which wire to put where. 

I do agree tho, that having all wires with the same color does make wiring that much harder.
Regards
Dick
Remember: Cornfield meets really mess up the corn

GlennW

Ed, you may do your own color coding with some tape & a marker. You can make up some tags that marks each wire. You can paint/mark a wire to code it. Then all you have to do is match up the green dots.

There also may still be a product electricians use to cover soldered joints. Some folks use it to make a better handle for the tools.

Edward

Thanks, Guys.  I do most of my wiring on the table then drill the holes to put the wires down thru, oncce I am under I mark the various wires with masking tape.  It would require too big of a hole to run the tape down thru as well.

My hidden message was to manufactuers/suppliers to
color code their wires.  Hope it it sinks in.

Have a nice day .. enjoy your trains (Now, where have I heard that before?"

Ed