News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dual Crossing Gates

Started by passenger 17, January 21, 2013, 02:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passenger 17

I have a new old style (46220) crossing gate. Can this be used with EZ Track?

Jhanecker2

If you can connect the rail joiner to it and get the height correct it wil work . J2

RAM

I don't  know anything about EZ track, other than what it looks like.  However I thought I read someplace that you had to cut the end off of the EZ track in order to in stall track with rail joiners.

Doneldon

RAM-

You only have to cut the plastic clips off if you are connecting EZ
Track to non-EZ Track. That's true whether the other track is with
or without attached roadbed.

-- D

Jhanecker2

E-Z track has rail joiners  as standard equipment .  E-Z track can be connected to  Power-Lock track through an adapter sold by Power-Lock . This adapter also allows connections to standard  non-roadbed track such as  Atlas Code 100 , Peco Code 100 , or Shinara Code 100 . The  track  has to be correctly heighted to the correct level to properly mate with the roadbed height of the adapter but nothing needs to be cut.  J2.

jward

why buy an adapter for the non roadbed track when you can connect that track directly to ez track as long as the rail is code 100. ez track is slightly taller than standard track on cork roadbed, you may need to use shims cyt from index card to bring it up to exact height. but it is still far cheaper than buying a special 'adapter" track that doesn't really adapt to what you're trying to adapt to.....
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jhanecker2

I was only addressing the comment that EZ plastic needs to be cut in order to connect to other types  of Code 100 track .   Every situation is different and must be addressed separately .  J2.

Joe323

Power loc track is a bit different it uses a hook system rather than joiners.  So the adapter might be the way to go but only in that sitiation.

Len

I've used a pair of back-to-back Power-Loc Power-Link adapters, and Atlas 'Cd100/Cd83 Transition Joiners' to go from a Cd100 EZ-Track main line to a Cd-83 Tru-Track branch line.

I wanted the look of lighter rail on the branch, and the adapters worked quite well for the transition without having to do any surgery to the EZ-Track or Tru-Track.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.