Williams E.T. 80' Extruded Aluminum passenger cars....

Started by Joe Satnik, January 22, 2013, 04:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Satnik

Hmm.   Interesting. 

Never knew they did the Aluminum LLs in an 80 foot length.  Wonder what year(s)? 

Crown Edition.. O-54 min. diameter.  (Who's got the room for O-72?)   

Wonder what one would look like on an O-27 curve?...I suppose the couplers wouldn't be able to swivel that far. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/O-WILLIAMS-6-CAR-B-O-ALLUMINUM-80-LUXURY-LINER-PASSENGER-SET-NIB-/300795861541?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item4608d49a25

Joe

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

3rail

Joe,

I think they were late 1980's.  I did a quick look through my old paperwork, but could not find any.  You might squeeze O-42, but I doubt anything less.  If the box says O-54 than that is probably the minimum.  I think these 80 fts were only made once.  We made the Superliners in 80ft several times. If I find the flyer, I will post the info.

Regards,

3rail

TrainmanGene

They might work on 042 but will not clear high turnout motors.
Sueme Valley System

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

Sorry I didn't clarify earlier. 

Perhaps I should have said,

"I wonder how ridiculous (a 20" long passenger car) would look on an O-27 curve, if the trucks and couplers could swing that far... "

Bolster to bolster length is about 14.6" (auction photo), which takes up 72 degrees of arc of an O-27 circle.  (O-27 radius is about 12.4", according to AnyRail.)   

Add the lengths of the cars beyond the bolsters, and you would probably get only one car every 90 degrees on the track. 

In other words, two cars on the track (if you could couple them) would be at a 90 degrees to each other...   

c a r
c
a

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.