News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

change sound sdh164d

Started by raptor106, January 23, 2013, 12:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raptor106

hi
ok i just installed sound decoder (sdh164d) in athearns sd70ace. and in manual it come with default steam sound and sd38-2 sound. i trying to figer out how to change sound with my dynamis controle.

raptor106

thanks i got it figer out. i know sd38-2 sound is not right for sd70ace but for now it have to do untill i save up for pr3 thing to load right sound in to engine.

bapguy

When you do get the PR3, look for a power supply of around 18v DC. The 14V power supply Digitrax sell for the PR3 is not powerfull enough. Just make sure the plug on the power supply is the right size and  polarity configuration. You'll need a computer to hook up the PR3 too. You might want to get Decoder Pro which is free. This along with the PR3 can programm decoders. It makes programm sound decoder easy.  Joe

raptor106

well my sdh164d decoder work well except it draw more power i think. like befor the engines ran really well but now some area of layout the train slow down then speed back up to normel speed. mmm got to look around for fix.

bapguy

Does the loco slow down only when the bell is rung or the horn blown? If so it's the decoder. This is a problem with Digitrax sound decoders. If that's the case, join the Digitrax yahoo sound group. The fixes should be found there.  Joe